Landmann Kentucky offset smoker

HeyBertHeyErnie

I bought it from World of Power for £174 delivered, it does have some big panel gaps, but with £240 total spend on fire rope, silicone, clamps, and a chimney, 1 chimney of charcoal and 2 of briquettes lasted all day between 105-120 Celsius. It is worth it IMHO, with some caveats, I just haven't had a chance to take any good pictures of my mods yet to do a decent write up as I'm also doing a degree and have two assignments due in the next week ?????

Edited by HeyBertHeyErnie
Maths wrong ?

Looks like good value if you don't already have a chimney, woodchips, charcoal etc. The genuine cover is £35 as well, so if you wanted that it makes sense. I stick mine in the garage when I'm not using it :)

If you just need the bbq, I found it cheapest here https://www.worldofpower.co.uk/landmann-kentucky-smoker.html

I don't work for them or anything, just saying. If you want any tips on how I built it PM me.

Edited by HeyBertHeyErnie

Cheers on that...I do need the cover as we don't have a garage.  The outhouse is my brew house (man cave)...:yahoo:  the chimney & charcoal is an added bonus as I don't have a chimney and only half a bag of briquettes for this weekend....so a win win for us.

I used proper stove glue to start on some, it didn't stick properly. I've restuck it now with the high heat silicone and based on how well it sticks to everything else have no doubt it will do it a treat. Half of it was ready taped as well which has stayed stuck on. I used about 5m all told, probably safer to buy 6 like I did. Some of it you'll see you could probably do with 14mm normal rope, not flat. The gaps are like 7-8mm around 3/4 of the lid.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes mate...thanks....it arrived as promised on the Fri...two box's sat in the living room.  We carried them out on to the patio and thought we'll make a start now and finish her off on the Sat.

We got stuck in and within a couple of hours...if that...it was sat there just waiting for a bucket of hot coals. :yahoo:

Sanity prevailed thank goodness, I want to get all if not most of the mods fixed before we fire her up.  It won't be this weekend as we're off to Billing,  taking the Brinkman for that, we don't have anything planned for the weekend after so that's looking good for her maiden run.  

Ice.