Lithuanian in England

Povilas

Hi all,

My name is Povilas shortage Povi.

Currently living in Orpington, full time worker in food industry.

Never had a garden before and got hooked about bbq after moving to UK. Bought weber performer in 2020 and last week purchased WSM 57cm. Haven't used wsm yet might wait for bank holiday weekend.

Thinking to try first cook pork shoulder(butt) or  brisket. Suggestions are welcome.

Managed to get weber briquettes £11.50/8kg from what I have seen other using heat beads.

What about rubs, you guys make your own or buy ready ones and any good meat sellers for delivery?

20210509_151028.jpg

20210509_151037.jpg

20210509_155224.jpg

20210509_161848.jpg

• Like 2

Hi and :welcome1:

I have had my 57cm wsm for about 4 years, just did my first brisket the other week. I started with chicken and pork ribs. Pork shoulder is a great first cook for a longer one or chicken for shorter. 

I'm in Scotland but i order from john Davidson's. I'm sure they do deliver uk wide. They have some great food. Beef ribs are a great way to build towards brisket of you don't want to spend as much and worried you might eater money.

22 hours ago, hoogl said:

Hi and :welcome1:

I have had my 57cm wsm for about 4 years, just did my first brisket the other week. I started with chicken and pork ribs. Pork shoulder is a great first cook for a longer one or chicken for shorter. 

I'm in Scotland but i order from john Davidson's. I'm sure they do deliver uk wide. They have some great food. Beef ribs are a great way to build towards brisket of you don't want to spend as much and worried you might eater money.

Same, I feel I still need to dial in my ProQ before I risk £50 on a brisket, so I’m sticking with ribs and shoulder for now.

• Like 3

I buy the frozen meaty ribs from Makro, £47 for 10kg but loads of meat and great cooked low and slow. I keep getting sent £25 off when you spend £100 vouchers so have enough charcoal, and meat in the freezer to last for months in this weather, haven’t had a bbq for ages

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

Happy bank holiday to everyone. Off camping in dungeness this week. Having a well earned break. Got the butch oven so cast iron day every day this week. 

I would like to buy one to use in weber kettle any recommendations?

I seasoned it with lard and it is good to go . I clean whit a solid plastic scraper and hot water, nothing sticks to it.  I dry thoroughly  and then put thin wipe of some rape seed oil all over it. So easy to clean.  Re season it once a year.