Fire Pits

Simon

1 hour ago, Simon said:

Hi everyone. I hope everyone is doing well. Was just wondering if anyone knows of any good firepits that aren’t too expensive to get?

I’ve literally just been to a garden centre near me called Ruxley Manor they had some great dish type ones with the tripod that can hang over the top.

This is the link to the tripod I can’t find the pit on there but it’s in the picture 

https://www.ruxley-manor.co.uk/shop/products/bbqs-and-firepits/outdoor-heating/tripod-with-hanging-grill.html

16 hours ago, smash said:

I’ve literally just been to a garden centre near me called Ruxley Manor

My old stomping ground. I was brought up in Joydens Wood, Bexley and once had a girlfriend who lived in Foots Cray. All seems so long ago... Probably because it was !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wade said:

My old stomping ground. I was brought up in Joydens Wood, Bexley and once had a girlfriend who lived in Foots Cray. All seems so long ago... Probably because it was !!

I took my son joydens on Saturday beautiful woodlands to visit.

You should try to revisit it Wade.

On 3/21/2021 at 4:36 PM, smash said:

I’ve literally just been to a garden centre near me called Ruxley Manor they had some great dish type ones with the tripod that can hang over the top.

This is the link to the tripod I can’t find the pit on there but it’s in the picture 

https://www.ruxley-manor.co.uk/shop/products/bbqs-and-firepits/outdoor-heating/tripod-with-hanging-grill.html

Cheers for that. 

On 3/22/2021 at 9:07 AM, Wade said:

I grew up in Blackfen where my folks still live, and I learnt to play golf at Ruxley Driving Range. Doesn't look like it's there now.

On 3/21/2021 at 3:15 PM, Simon said:

Hi everyone. I hope everyone is doing well. Was just wondering if anyone knows of any good firepits that aren’t too expensive to get?

I've been looking for a new chiminea since our previous clay one cracked and fell into many pieces when I tried to move it, and I've found it shockingly difficult to find things that are in stock, don't cost £700, and don't look nasty. Harder than I'd ever have expected.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2021 at 3:15 PM, Simon said:

I built one from a washing machine drum, got a non working washing machine off Freecycle and pulled out the drum, hardest part was getting rid of the rest of the washing machine.  The picture was taken last night, perfect for sitting out with a beer in the evening.

IMG_3741.jpg

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Ripple said:

I built one from a washing machine drum, got a non working washing machine off Freecycle and pulled out the drum, hardest part was getting rid of the rest of the washing machine.  The picture was taken last night, perfect for sitting out with a beer in the evening.

IMG_3741.jpg

I went a glamping place in Kent a few years back that had these for each of their tents. Worked great to toast some marshmallows on.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2021 at 9:07 AM, Wade said:

All seems so long ago... Probably because it was !!

Tell me about it Wade. 🤣 

I've told the wife I haven't got dementia, it's just that I've absorbed so my much useless information over the years my brain (hard drive) is so full that RAM (Rambling Alzheimer's Mouthpiece) has great difficulty locating and relating what needs to be recalled. 🤔

As I understand it, there is a BBQ centre in or near Ruxley, so I'll be checking that out soon, now I'm no longer shielding. I was checking out the BBQ range at our local Dobbies last week, and they had several Webber designs there, but no bullet smokers for me to check out. I didn't even think to check on the availability of a cover for the Callow. Yeah I know, it's an age thing. 😆 

1 hour ago, Grandadfatboy said:

I've told the wife I haven't got dementia, it's just that I've absorbed so my much useless information over the years my brain (hard drive) is so full that RAM (Rambling Alzheimer's Mouthpiece) has great difficulty locating and relating what needs to be recalled. 🤔

I'm going to remember this......if I can....🤣..

Ice

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, U can do that again said:

Grandadfatboy, when visiting Ruxley , cruise into Sidcup & check out the BBQ barn, have demos in normal times.check the website for idea of what they stock.....

My parents live in Sidcup and I've driven past that place loads but never stopped to go in. Looks good though!

• Like 1