Fresh meat....

steveinhants

Go easy now please - new kid here just saying hello. 
I’m Steve, new to the world of smoking and can’t wait to get started. In fact I’m waiting in my WSM to arrive. I’m sure I’ll have an awful lot of questions and look forward to the discussions. 
Cheers and all the best for 2020

Steve

On 1/3/2020 at 1:47 AM, hoogl said:

Hi Steve :welcome:,  Lot's of info here. I also have a 22" WSM what size did you go for? it's still worth reading other non bullet smoker posts here as alot  of it is transferable. 

Happy New Year 

Hi. I went for the 22” version. Did my first ribs on it yesterday in fact. 👍🏻

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steveinhants said:

Hi. I went for the 22” version. Did my first ribs on it yesterday in fact. 👍🏻

Nice, How id they turn out? My first cook was ribs chicken drumsticks/thighs and a couple burgers. 
I also haven't bothered modding my  WSM, only thing I am thinking of doing is putting handles on the mid section along with clamps for bottom. But if I've loaded enough fuel theirs no need to remove either. Mine also lives/cooks in a shelter.

23 minutes ago, hoogl said:

Nice, How id they turn out? My first cook was ribs chicken drumsticks/thighs and a couple burgers. 
I also haven't bothered modding my  WSM, only thing I am thinking of doing is putting handles on the mid section along with clamps for bottom. But if I've loaded enough fuel theirs no need to remove either. Mine also lives/cooks in a shelter.

Turned out much better than I thought. I used too much fuel - ended up burning for 10 hours but it’s all part of learning. 
Unfortunately my garden is very small so I’m at the mercy of the elements. Well, that and part of it is taken up by the wood fired oven 😂

38EA7736-2623-4092-B80D-3C0C5C86DC82.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, steveinhants said:

Thanks mate, they were good! The vents were all but closed - one open about 2-3mm. I guess the I’ll-fitting door acts as the main vent. I think I will upgrade the door or at least get some gasket tape. 

Taped mine. door and lid, makes a big difference. Did the kettle as well :)

• Like 1