New member in Essex

James17

Hi all, joined a few days ago and forgot to introduce myself here. 

I live near Leigh-on-Sea and am getting more and more into BBQ every year. Insurance underwriter by day in London and BBQ cook most evenings and weekends. 

Currently own

weber Spirit gas 

WSM 

weber performer deluxe

weber go anywhere charcoal (love this thing for solo cooking)

• Like 1

Hi James, we have a lot in common mate, I work in insurance too and was in city for decades but work form home these days.

Hope fully we will meet up some time,. Love Leigh on Sea. Maybe i can pop round and be your set up sometime, Do a bbq. I am in Braintree

Thank you for the welcome everyone. Great to meet some like minded peeps.

Everyone loves coming to mine for food, but they never return the favour, ironically I don’t mind because the joy of serving an epic spread that everyone appreciates is enough joy. 

In in the words of Harry Soo. Spread BBQ love. 

Also id rather eat my food and drink their booze! 

@Justin would love to meet up

@Raptor72 I’m a member of Boyce hill golf club so I’m in Benfleet all the time. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, James17 said:

Thank you for the welcome everyone. Great to meet some like minded peeps.

Everyone loves coming to mine for food, but they never return the favour, ironically I don’t mind because the joy of serving an epic spread that everyone appreciates is enough joy. 

In in the words of Harry Soo. Spread BBQ love. 

Also id rather eat my food and drink their booze! 

@Justin would love to meet up

@Raptor72 I’m a member of Boyce hill golf club so I’m in Benfleet all the time. 

Ha yeah just up the road from them . I remember a rather drunken messy affair at a wedding several years back !

Mick is South Essex too . So can arrange something 

alas 1st December I have to fly out to Switzerland again for 3 days  (work).  Fffing work gets in the way,  My flight is from city airport at 5:45 pm so it would have to be a lunchtime session and then get taxi at 3.30pm ish, Happy to come in morning or evening before if it is a lo and slo thing. Any room to sleep over mate?  Can review your homebrew set up too. Nd I cna bring cider and beer from my latest brews.