BBQ from the wolds.

rubertoe

Just thought that i say hello. 

Bit about me, 40 something family man who loves being outside. Cycling is my thing and i love food of all types, but specifically meat and cheese. Love to go camping in France (meat and cheese and cycling). 

Currently resident in a small Village just outside Stratford upon Avon in a beautiful part of the world. Although spent the first 35 years of my life in the Big Smoke.

• Like 2

Not an awful lot of kit, Just the mini Kamado. 

Will be moving from our current home in a few months to a new abode, so when the sale completes and we move I plan on installing an outside kitchen with a wood fired Pizza oven. 

I love BBQ food, low and slow brisket, Pulled meats especially lamb. Trying to get that Hickorys smoke house vibe at home. 

• Like 1

Looking forward to your adventures, show us your cooks and hopefully you will find lots of helpful people and resources. I have been on the forum since last March 2018 and I have found and continue to find many friends and much help.  The tailgates are great fun. I have organised the inaugural spring Anglia and Southeast earlier this year with @Raptor72, and I am going to the Midlands, Northern and National ones through the year. They are great fun and relaxing. Hope to see you at one of those certainly at least the national one.

I learnt lots from this forum including cold smoking and charcuterie. Now I am getting into all grain brewing too, all through the inspiration derived from this forum

Edited by Justin

Hi Robert and welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing your smoking in action:thumb1:

Just remember that we are here to help and there is lots of experience that you can call upon. The only silly question is the one that does not get asked. 

On 6/25/2019 at 2:51 PM, rubertoe said:

Trying to get that Hickorys smoke house vibe at home. 

Hickory is my favourite wood for smoking too. Almost all of my hot and cold smoking is done over Hickory 🌟

• Like 1

On 6/25/2019 at 2:51 PM, rubertoe said:

Not an awful lot of kit, Just the mini Kamado. 

Will be moving from our current home in a few months to a new abode, so when the sale completes and we move I plan on installing an outside kitchen with a wood fired Pizza oven. 

I love BBQ food, low and slow brisket, Pulled meats especially lamb. Trying to get that Hickorys smoke house vibe at home. 

Welcome!

I'm just beginning my journey and I'd love to get a kamado one day - they're a very capable bit of kit. I love the sound of an outside kitchen too however Birmingham (where I am at the moment) and perhaps the wider UK landscape isn't exactly known for its ideal outdoor cooking conditions... :D

I'm a huge fan of Hickory's Smokehouse in Castle Bromwich - it's what started me back on my quest to achieve American-style BBQ at home!

Looking forward to your adventures, show us your cooks and hopefully you will find lots of helpful people and resources. I have been on the forum since last March 2018 and I have found and continue to find many friends and much help.  The tailgates are great fun. I have organised the inaugural spring Anglia and Southeast which was earlier this year with @Raptor72 and I am going to the Midlands, Northern and National ones through the year. They are great fun and relaxing. Hope to see you at one of those certainly at least the national one.

I learnt lots from this forum including cold smoking and charcuterie. Now I am getting into all grain brewing too, all through the inspiration derived from this forum