Well all projects have to start somewhere. 

As some may know we have a few family health issues at the moment but I hope to build my gravity fed by the middle of summer.

First component arrived today. Not big bit by any means but it's a start. 

20181227_084908.jpg

• Like 4

Ok, so a couple more bits arrived today.  My fan and the Inkbird pid. So I need to order my control panel so I can get it built. 

A local firm near my work does custom aluminium signage and we use them a lot for control panels so I know it'll be up to scratch. 

Screenshot_20181228-171320_Samsung Internet.jpg

I won't be ordering my steel until Feb as work and other stuff won't allow it but as soon as it does I'll get cracking.

Edited by Diggerg
Spelling

Well having done more reading over the festive period I've decided to go big on the fan for the pid controller. Do you think 35cfm is over kill? The one I currently use on my UDS is 16cfm.

Well I made a bit more progress today. Built my burn chamber from 20mm steel so it should last. 

IMG_20190201_145630.jpg

IMG_20190201_145614.jpg

IMG_20190201_145608.jpg

2 hours ago, Smokin Monkey said:

Wow that’s totally indestructible! 

Hopefully. Don't want to have to take it apart after it's been built to change the fire box. Weighs about 24KG. Plus the 3kg of 4mm welding rods that hold it together. 

Edited by Diggerg
Sp

4 hours ago, Justin said:

20mm Steel......rather heavy then, go for it

Yeah just a bit. About 27kg

I am not sure if it will be strong enough. Personally I would have gone with 30mm steel. It could then double up as a docking anchor when you get your Zeppelin...

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Wade said:

I am not sure if it will be strong enough. Personally I would have gone with 30mm steel. It could then double up as a docking anchor when you get your Zeppelin...

Go big or just use what you have at work 😉

• Haha 1

Hopefully get this filled with insulation tomorrow and then start welding it up 

• Like 1

I'm a big fan of using what's availible, often gets you "thinking outside the box". Mind, I didn't enjoy grinding all the galv off the 60 x 30 box that I "rescued" from an old Ifor Williams tipping trailer for my last project, but it was free !!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1