Rant time!

Guest homer

Guest homer

Is it just me or is it becoming a real pain looking up recipes on pretty much anything other than the bbc website..pages and pages and scrolling through every advert and the persons life story finally if your lucky leading to the scrambled egg recipe your were first searching for..oh and another thing bloody pop ups:wife: if im on a site looking for something and i get more than one pop up screen, advert etc i just completely click off the whole site and dont return to it.

sorry had to be said :Oops:

Totally agree with you. I also get annoyed when you look for a recipe (or anything else) and get a 10 second advert first or half way through get a 30 second advert.

This is the reason we start d the forum, to build a recipe or knowledge base without the adverts.

The only advertising you will see is at the bottom of the page.

+1  with both of you....I run an ad blocker within Firefox,  this does stop a large amount of them.  My main niggle is on Youtube when you click on a video,  you get the ad start,  they tell you that you can skip in 5 secs...WHY???.  Why put the ad on? then give folks the ability to cut it off??   Madness has gone mad .  ?

• Like 1

The notice that I am currently finding annoying is the one that gives you the button to switch off targeted advertising. When you switch it off a pop up message then tells you that you will still get the same amount of adverts but that they will just be random. I am not sure which I find more annoying - receiving adverts for things I would never want or doing a quick Google search for something and then almost immediately getting swamped with adverts for similar items.

• Like 2

AdBlockPlus free programme that runs on Chrome, haven't seen a popup or advert in over a year. Only problem is some sites block you if they sense you have an Adblocker running, 90% off the time I move on (their loss) IBut I can disable adblocker if I choose to visit though.

23 minutes ago, sotv said:

AdBlockPlus free programme that runs on Chrome, haven't seen a popup or advert in over a year. Only problem is some sites block you if they sense you have an Adblocker running, 90% off the time I move on (their loss) IBut I can disable adblocker if I choose to visit though.

I've noticed this...I forget what news site it was the other day,  they said about the adverts making them money and would I disable the blocker.....I clicked no and the site would not let me go any where other than the first page.  I closed the site and looked else where...as you say their loss not mine..

• Like 1