SmartFire Review

Smokin Monkey

It is not the daisy wheel mate (I can remove that as per ice advice,it is the adaptor and the spacing doe snot line up with the holes.  I am in touch with Pro q.  I think it needs this adaptor. I a thinking they have sent the wrong adaptor for 14.5 inch wsm.

image.thumb.png.0dd675e0ec30100a3757f61d823b3715.png

34 minutes ago, Justin said:

It is not the daisy wheel mate (I can remove that as per ice advice,it is the adaptor and the spacing doe snot line up with the holes.  I am in touch with Pro q.  I think it needs this adaptor. I a thinking they have sent the wrong adaptor for 14.5 inch wsm.

image.thumb.png.0dd675e0ec30100a3757f61d823b3715.png

Yes, that look much more flexible. Looks at though you have it in hand with the guys & girls @ Mac's now

Cheers n Gone Nick

Macs BBQ just come back and said universal dish is the right adaptor and just bend down tabs and it does not line up perfect but air will get through.

Yes but it is is not a good fit the bronze thread nut is supposed to be on the inside of the bowl not outside.  I might drill anew bolt hole to make it line up better, the bowl need to shift to the  right and down a bit (from the inside of the bowl point of view) so the bolt needs to move left and up a bit as the bolt hole is in the wrong place for 14.5inch WSM

They do not stock the right adaptor which is the above, that is the right one double threaded. Not that impressed with Macs to be honest, it is fudge.

What do you guys think?

20200915_143717.thumb.jpg.3708ae9fde901c2caf1349c2b116c5e6.jpg

I had this going about 8 hours and it is rock solid  I have dialled up to 160 now down to 90. Rock solid. Very impressive and all from my rav pack battery which was half full. Half bowl of water from kettle at start is still just under quarter full. I reckon with a full battery and a full bowl of water I could do a super slow 24hr easy enough. Briquettes were part used from last smoke on wsm I left a arc free of briquettes at vent with SF. All other vents closed including top. I would open top if medium wsm temps and open another bottom vent a bit if high wsm temp

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Skagg2000 said:

Glad to hear its all come good. I think the single wall of bullet smokers create the temperature variable so +/- 5 def or so of the target temp is good going. 

Cheers n Gone Nick 

Yes, by the end it was within 1 degree of target, really settled down

• 3 months later...

I am awaiting my refund while I’m posting this but would not have posted this had Mark responded more favorably. I purchased the smart fire 5.0 from Australia, yet I live in the US, based on The review showing there excellent customer service. I’m sure it’s great for the majority but did not work for me regarding Mark. I never used my product once and have already sent it through USPS, sent an email again to give Mark and Monique a heads up yet Mark’s reply was, “When we receive it we'll inspect and process the refund accordingly.” Communication has been difficult because it seems anything I say gets taken offensively. It made me scared about the product and I wanted my money back so I didn’t have to deal with any other thing in the future beyond 30 days. I will post in the future to let you know if I got my money back or not even though I not once used the product

I am awaiting my refund while I’m posting this but would not have posted this had Mark responded more favorably. I purchased the smart fire 5.0 from Australia, yet I live in the US, based on The review showing there excellent customer service. I’m sure it’s great for the majority but did not work for me regarding Mark. I never used my product once and have already sent it through USPS, sent an email again to give Mark and Monique a heads up yet Mark’s reply was, “When we receive it we'll inspect and process the refund accordingly.” Communication has been difficult because it seems anything I say gets taken offensively. It made me scared about the product and I wanted my money back so I didn’t have to deal with any other thing in the future beyond 30 days. I will post in the future to let you know if I got my money back or not even though I not once used the product

On 12/31/2019 at 11:02 PM, Sargan said:

I have put a request out to SmartFire ..... I would like to buy for price adverttised .... would apply as per Trade Descripions Act if it was UK company.

Happy to buy at that price but not at £250      ... would get a standard pit controller for £60 instead.

Lets hope I'm lucky

Update ... I did buy at advertised price, so a good deal.