Bank Holiday BBQ

Wade

I rarely take photos of my BBQs these days but my daughter has just forwarded me these from last Sunday. We were catering for 20 family and friends - outdoors of course.

Ribs going into the smoker and the finished ribs

334249811_Ribsinsmoker.thumb.jpg.fdb374d59478554935e34cb5cc09bc5c.jpg

Ribs.thumb.jpg.ff7dd21fab2be6c5f4c39035c1dd4a10.jpg

These were "Meaty Ribs" trimmed as St Louis style so the rib tips were not wasted

1598209538_RibTips.thumb.jpg.3ef24582911d52857a736b1d0e883f45.jpg

My "Dynamic Duo" of kettle BBQs. The Weber 57cm for initial searing and the Weber 67cm with a Vortex for final cooking. A great way to get large amounts of meat all ready at the same time.

My only regret was that I used a commercial Rub and BBQ sauce on the ribs this time (for convenience) instead of my own. I wont be doing that again. Everyone who ate them enjoyed them however those who were used to my ribs said that they did not have the usual depth of flavour. When you find something that works stick with it.

Grilling 1.jpg1090282674_Grilling2.thumb.jpg.8d3939e8a9717b6eedadc111f871482a.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

That "oven" is a commercial Cookshack FEC-120 pellet smoker. It is great for simply putting in the meat, pressing the go-stud, carry on with the rest of life, and then come back 5-10 hours later when the meat is done. It produces great smoked meat but it does make you a little lazy.

BTW. The burgers I cooked were wagu burgers from Bookers. I have generally not been impressed with the wagu burgers I have eaten in restaurants over the years or have bought from supermarkets... but these were AMAZING. I would thoroughly recommend them.

• Like 2

On 9/10/2020 at 8:11 AM, Wade said:

BTW. The burgers I cooked were wagu burgers from Bookers. I have generally not been impressed with the wagu burgers I have eaten in restaurants over the years or have bought from supermarkets... but these were AMAZING. I would thoroughly recommend them.

Damn.. Just been to Bookers to top up!! Oh well, next time I go I will give them a try out. Usually make my own burgers from bookers meat.

Boat missed again!

Ele.

15 hours ago, Elecrafter said:

Damn.. Just been to Bookers to top up!! Oh well, next time I go I will give them a try out. Usually make my own burgers from bookers meat.

Boat missed again!

Ele.

We asked about them last week but our branch can't get them for some reason...

Ice.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Icefever said:

Just got back from Bookers, I wanted some pork belly, but didn't have any until tomorrow...🤬 bought a pork loin and a few other items....will have to wait now before I can start my next lot of curing.

Ice.

Ice, did you buy the Pork Loin with the rind on, I bought it the last time I was in and it was fantastic when cooked, with the crispy rind!

5 minutes ago, Smokin Monkey said:

Ice, did you buy the Pork Loin with the rind on, I bought it the last time I was in and it was fantastic when cooked, with the crispy rind!

<Newbie Hat=ON> Wow, I would have thought the smoker wouldn't have got hot enough to Crisp up a Pork rind.  Or did you put it in the oven afterwards?

Ele.

Edited by Elecrafter

2 hours ago, Smokin Monkey said:

Yes Smokin....always love making scrachings...

2 hours ago, Elecrafter said:

<Newbie Hat=ON> Wow, I would have thought the smoker wouldn't have got hot enough to Crisp up a Pork rind.  Or did you put it in the oven afterwards?

Ele.

I'm having a stab in the dark here and I would say it's when Smokin cooks a Chinese belly dish??

Ice.