Newbie in the house

Devon lad

Hi everyone

I'm Martin, formerly from the west country, now living in West Yorkshire.

I've been grilling for years, got a Landmann BBQ Grill Chef Charcoal Barbecue Wagon XXL last year...which is excellent for grilling.

I'm very interested in learning to smoke and slow cook, but tight so don't want to balls up expensive pieces of meat. Not even sure if my BBQ is capable of doing it...

I don't know what a snake is, how to do a beer can chicken or buy good big lumps of meat, so lots to learn...

Anyway that's me...

:welcome1: Pork shoulder is a great inexpensive meat and can get it from supermarket to start with and once more confident spend more at butchers etc. Sausages are also a great starter quick and easy to cook and take the smoke fantastically. Chicken can also be forgiving. Away from meats Peppers take on a lovely smoke flavour as do many other vegs. 

Plenty of ideas on the forum so look around and don't worry about asking questions we all have to start somewhere and we can all always learn more. 

• Thanks 1