Brisket Puddings

AdamG

Decided to stuff some Black Pepper Brisket into suet puddings and it turned out great!๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹ย 

Yesterday I started by poaching the beef brisket for around 4 hours in star anise, black peppercorns, cinnamon, cloves and sugar.

Then pulled and chopped it up for different textures and then glazed the meat with some of the poaching liquid, black pepper sauce and soy sauce.

Today I made the suet pastry, stuffed em with the beef and then fastened parchment/foil and string to them.

And then steamed them for an hour in the kamado.

This was mainly a test to see how quick and slow water boils and simmers in different configurations and to gain an idea of vent settings for the wok stand at boiling, simmering and poaching.

Thanks for looking๐Ÿ‘

ย 

DSC_0108.JPG

DSC_0109.JPG

DSC_0110.JPG

DSC_0112.JPG

DSC_0114.JPG

DSC_0116.JPG

DSC_0117.JPG

DSC_0118.JPG

DSC_0119.JPG

DSC_0121.JPG

DSC_0122.JPG

DSC_0124.JPG

DSC_0125.JPG

Edited by AdamG
grammar
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, AdamG said:

Decided to stuff some Black Pepper Brisket into suet puddings and it turned out great!๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹ย 

Yesterday I started by poaching the beef brisket for around 4 hours in star anise, black peppercorns, cinnamon, cloves and sugar.

Then pulled and chopped it up for different textures and then glazed the meat with some of the poaching liquid, black pepper sauce and soy sauce.

Today I made the suet pastry, stuffed em with the beef and then fastened parchment/foil and string to them.

And then steamed them for an hour in the kamado.

This was mainly a test to see how quick and slow water boils and simmers in different configurations and to gain an idea of vent settings for the wok stand at boiling, simmering and poaching.

Thanks for looking๐Ÿ‘

ย 

DSC_0108.JPG

DSC_0109.JPG

DSC_0110.JPG

DSC_0112.JPG

DSC_0114.JPG

DSC_0116.JPG

DSC_0117.JPG

DSC_0118.JPG

DSC_0119.JPG

DSC_0121.JPG

DSC_0122.JPG

DSC_0124.JPG

DSC_0125.JPG

They look really nice - ย canโ€™t beat a bit of suet pastry.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, sotv said:

Man they look great, got me right in the mood for some steak and kidney pudding and thick gravy...............

So you noticed i made 10 but only steamed 2.....if only there was no lockdown๐Ÿ‘

41 minutes ago, David said:

They look really nice - ย canโ€™t beat a bit of suet pastry.

suet is probably my favourite pastry, the kidney in the traditional ones are just a small compromise for earning the suet prize๐Ÿ˜

• Like 1

Just now, AdamG said:

suet is probably my favourite pastry, the kidney in the traditional ones are just a small compromise for earning the suet prize๐Ÿ˜

Yeah, ย Iโ€™m not a huge offalย fan. I might try a suet jam roly poly in the Summit.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AdamG said:

Looks like you did a helluva good job there mate, haven't done suet myself but hard to beat a good suet pudding... not usually the low-calorie option, but eh, life's too short amiright? ๐Ÿ˜‚

5 hours ago, AdamG said:

DSC_0125.JPG

Judging by looks, I've had much worse in proper food pubs. Would have to try some first to give a proper opinion, of course... ๐Ÿ˜‰

Cheers for sharing!!

• Like 2

Don't know how I missed this thread??ย  mention suet puddings to me either savoury or sweet and I'm drooling like Homer Simpson t2807.gift2807.gif

Mum use to make the best spotted dick ever, I make it now and then but not enough, you knocked the ball out the park with those bad boys dude.

On 5/3/2020 at 5:08 PM, sotv said:

Man they look great, got me right in the mood for some steak and kidney pudding and thick gravy...............

With you 100% Steve.....

ย 

ย 

Ice..t2807.gif

• Thanks 1