Brisket Cook

David

So, got myself out of bed at -3:30. Set the Summit to 120 Degrees C . Trimmed and rubbed the brisket with rub consisting of equal parts salt, black pepper, onion and garlic granules (also added maple sugar, cayenne pepper and chilli powder free hand so exact quantities unknown) used an old shaker to apply. Have added hickory and pecan wood. When is it too early for a beer,? Haha.

2052FC7B-C048-442F-8814-B19071C99C70.thumb.jpeg.a93507e4d7b342c20bbaa2d08b9c0286.jpeg   E8169161-A680-4BAC-A77F-A70BC875B063.thumb.jpeg.f9cf5f2f61a844bfcd0f7722b930166d.jpeg

• Like 3

Looks amazing man, guessing it's not your first time on a brisket eh!

Still waiting on my kamado but probably looking to break it in with a brisket cook 😎 Just wish I could get down the butchers, thankfully there are a few online that look alright.

• Like 1

A tip. Get a coolbox. Very useful to wrap you cook in foil and place in coolbox.  It will stay hot for hours and rests beautifully. Very good for brisket, pork shoulder lamb shoulder etc.  Gives you a lot of flexibility on time. 

1 minute ago, Justin said:

A tip. Get a coolbox. Very useful to wrap you cook in foil and place in coolbox.  It will stay hot for hours and rests beautifully. Very good for brisket, pork shoulder lamb shoulder etc.  Gives you a lot of flexibility on time. 

Yeah, I’ve got one but can’t find it yet with moving home. 

54 minutes ago, Icefever said:

We've been at it for the last year....🤣😂 still got stuff in boxes.

Ice.

Moved in just before lockdown so delivery of sofa, wardrobes etc were put on hold by suppliers so everything is stacked high in the garage. Can’t find anything. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Icefever said:

What gets me is, you look into a box and see something that you have not used or needed for 12 months...so do you really want it??? why have you got it packed??  🤣🤣.

Ice.

You’re absolutely right. We have also loads of stuff at parents houses at Cumbria and Northamptonshire but we can’t get to it. It took me Over an hour just to locate a chimney starter on Thursday night. We should of labelled the boxes.

• Haha 1