Spray Bottle & Cast Iron Small Pot & BBQ Mop Recommendations.

sotv

For a few years now I have been using those cheap £1 spray bottles you can pick up in most stores. They do a job for 12 months, but usually leak out of the neck of the bottle or pump handle.

Can anyone recommend a decent one, from their experiences (with links if possible) that is leak free, made of food safe material and has a bit of longevity about it.

Also looking for a Small Pot (cast iron) and a Cotton (not Silicone) BBQ Mop set to place on the grill and heat sauces up. Struggling to find a complete set over here. Seen this on Amazon US store, around the £25 mark to import over here, which will do if can't find anything else more suitable,  anyone seen anything similar over here?. Wilko do a cheap cast iron pot, but looks very small? that I could add a seperate mop to?

Thanks

Thanks for that, the Asda one looks a better size, popped into my local Wilko, but they don't have them instore, you have to click and collect.

But for warming sauces and melting butter the Asda seems a better size, as well as being able to balance the mop brush in. Hopefully they will have them available in the next month or 2 as they should be displaying the BBQ stuff by then.

• 2 months later...
On 3/7/2020 at 4:12 PM, Smokin Monkey said:

Asda have had them in for the last 2 years, so hopefully again this year.

These have popped up on the Asda website, look like the ones in your picture. If they are can you confirm the diameter as can't see anything in the description, but they look a fair price, if my store has any in stock.

On 5/14/2020 at 5:32 PM, Smokin Monkey said:

Yes they are the ones, they are about 180mm.

Just managed to get one from Asda in the seasonal BBQ aisle, bit bigger than I thought, but will do the job nicely with a mop brush 👍

• Like 1

I have the asda one aswell, i use it to also make a small chilli con carne for chilli dogs aswell as sauces, chopped onions and peppers👍 

I once had the absolute worst spray bottle. you got more on your food by spraying directly above and letting the leak douse your food while the spray spat out less moisture than an air freshner👎....that one lasted half a cook session before being slung.

Edited by AdamG
  • Like 1

Regarding spray bottles I have one each of these. 

The Venus pump sprayer is certified for food, but i do use the Mercury as well. I like the fact the Mercury sprays on both the inward & outward movement of the lever.

https://www.kwazar.co.uk/866/Food-Grade-Sprayer

https://www.kwazar.co.uk/283/Mercury-Super-360-Trigger-Sprayer

Cheers n Gone Nick 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skagg2000 said:

Regarding spray bottles I have one each of these. 

The Venus pump sprayer is certified for food, but i do use the Mercury as well. I like the fact the Mercury sprays on both the inward & outward movement of the lever.

https://www.kwazar.co.uk/866/Food-Grade-Sprayer

https://www.kwazar.co.uk/283/Mercury-Super-360-Trigger-Sprayer

Cheers n Gone Nick 

That's what I was looking for, but couldn't find one in the end, so settled on an oil spray bottle, will bookmark these, if the one I've bought doesn't measure up to what I need over the coming months.

2 hours ago, AdamG said:

I have the asda one aswell, i use it to also make a small chilli con carne for chilli dogs aswell as sauces, chopped onions and peppers👍 

I once had the absolute worst spray bottle. you got more on your food by spraying directly above and letting the leak douse your food while the spray spat out less moisture than an air freshner👎....that one lasted half a cook session before being slung.

I initially bought it for melting butter in to baste the steaks and heat sauces up. But when i saw it this morning, I thought along the same lines, pit beans for me and my wife as a side rather than using the bigger dutch ovens I have,

Bought this mop brush off Ebay seems well reviewed and although not replaceable heads if I get 1 or 2 years out of it, it will pay for itself.