fornetto razzo

novaswift

First born tonight. Used half chimney of heat beads with some cheap lump charcoal which unfortunately stinks. Been on without the water pan for around an hour The temperature gauge seems reasonably accurate . Might try actually cooking at the weekend.  Weather here in Scotland isn't the best at the moment 😆

• Like 2

9 hours ago, novaswift said:

Used half chimney of heat beads with some cheap lump charcoal which unfortunately stinks.

The charcoal is not the "Easylight" stuff is it?? 

9 hours ago, novaswift said:

The temperature gauge seems reasonably accurate .

Did you compare the smoker gauge against a digi one??

Ice.

2 hours ago, novaswift said:

Yes it was a wee drop of the easy light I had lying around.  Never again.

It's easy done  😂  I've used it in the past before I see the light, when I see folks buying it I feel like telling them what  makes it "easylight" 🤢  Checking with the digi thermo shows were you are with the smoker....if you do cook over the weekend have a great time...enjoy. 👍.

Ice.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, novaswift said:

do folk use hot or cold water

Most of us use sand, I switched to sand as you don't need to worry about the pan running dry after a few hours, and IMHO sand is a lot better at the job. If you do decide to try it buy a bag of Play sand from B&M, Homebase,  it's clean for using in the kids sandpit.

Ice.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2019 at 5:30 AM, Icefever said:

Most of us use sand, I switched to sand as you don't need to worry about the pan running dry after a few hours, and IMHO sand is a lot better at the job. If you do decide to try it buy a bag of Play sand from B&M, Homebase,  it's clean for using in the kids sandpit.

Ice.

Cheers for that information Ice. I was wondering what sand to use, and since I’ll need to get more play sand for the little ones sand pit, then it’ll be two birds with one stone. 

• Haha 1