HELP - want a pellet grill

adam

HI All,
Newbie here.
I have a large BGE and a Brazilian Oil Drum BBQ (wood).
Fancy getting a pellet smoker - but the choices are limited living in the UK.
Most of my first choices are USA only. Rec Tec, MAK 2 star general.
Traeger are available here - but dont seem to have the best reviews..  Was considering the timberline 1300?
Memphis Grill would also be a choice - but again - not easy to get here (need to go via Germany).
Thoughts please?
Want something big - going to cook Xmas dinner for 10 on it.
Needs to go 600F+ ideally - or have a direct option.
Wifi is desired.

Rec Tec are getting rave reviews over the pond. Most of the GMG crowd have switched to them. Not sure if there is an EU supplier though.

I bit the bullet and went with a Yoder. If you want capacity, versatility and something that's as heavy as a horse I'd highly recommend any of their lineup.

1 hour ago, Tabs said:

Rec Tec are getting rave reviews over the pond. Most of the GMG crowd have switched to them. Not sure if there is an EU supplier though.

I bit the bullet and went with a Yoder. If you want capacity, versatility and something that's as heavy as a horse I'd highly recommend any of their lineup.

Hi Tabs - Where did you get the Yoder from - I cant find UK stockists...

2 hours ago, Smokin Monkey said:

I have a GMG, but not used it in years.

Find then expensive on pellets, and if you look at ratio of Pellets to Smoke it’s not good as they are too efficient, and burn very clean.

I ordered through Scott at Angus and Oink. However I've just had a look and they don't seem to list them anymore. But A&O were just agents, the order itself came a place called BBQ Europe, think that's over in eastern Europe (Poland it Czechoslovakia). Took about 3 weeks to arrive from time of order. 

https://www.bbqeurope.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwi7DtBRCLARIsAGCJWBroS1sWIiBHiz4Bv5q5a8J82X4nCrZbXZK_ZPWR_UIv2bEFow747XYaArgvEALw_wcB

I had a few freebies thrown in like a free cover and pellets. Plus a small discount. I went for the YS640 competition cart. Smidge over £3k delivered.

I have owned 2 pellet grills in the past both gmg, I got the large Jim Bowie and the small davy crocket, both are great grills but I just didn't enjoy cooking on them as much as my charcoal BBQs, my son has one and the other is just collecting dust now, they really are just not as much fun

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mick said:

I have owned 2 pellet grills in the past both gmg, I got the large Jim Bowie and the small davy crocket, both are great grills but I just didn't enjoy cooking on them as much as my charcoal BBQs, my son has one and the other is just collecting dust now, they really are just not as much fun

Hmm -  Its a tricky choice.  I need another outdoor oven.  Was considering another egg or kamado Joe - but fancied something different - hence the idea of getting a pellet.  I do like the idea of the smartphone control for long low smoke..    

2 hours ago, adam said:

Hmm -  Its a tricky choice.  I need another outdoor oven.  Was considering another egg or kamado Joe - but fancied something different - hence the idea of getting a pellet.  I do like the idea of the smartphone control for long low smoke..    

Yes that is a good feature, you could add a flame boss, smartfire type controller to your egg and get that, not trying to put you off pellet type I used one and loved it just prefer my Joe and drum

Yeah - Im thinking this now..  May get a XL Ceramic (BGE or Joe)  - and use a smartfire.  Anyone used smartfire - any good?  Wasnt aware of them - but they seem to cover what I need...

Edited by adam

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2019 at 1:03 PM, Mick said:

Which one is collecting dust?? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/26/2020 at 1:08 PM, sotv said:

No experience with this one, but seems a good price for an entry level pellet grill priced at £459 from George@Asda Pitboss700FB

Recent transplant from the U.S. and really wish I would have bought one before I moved over here, but this is the best price I've seen for a pellet grill with a flame sear option in the UK.  Any other options out there I should consider in the under 500 category?

• 2 months later...

I have a Traeger series grill. I bought it two years ago. When I first bought it, we were very happy because everything is so new, it has been used for a long time, and some parts have begun to rust, so We searched for suitable parts on the Internet, and found what we needed on this website-https://grillpartsreplacement.com/search?type=product&q=traeger&options[prefix]=last, it looks great, it is still in use and is more durable. If you have any problems with your oven accessories, I think. . Well, there should be a good choice. .

image.thumb.png.04d5c81c4d4f7eeb9af49db06d41bc03.png

Edited by Carl Martin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/2/2020 at 11:15 AM, Li-T said:

I'm looking for a portable smoker, but so far I've found these reviews. Maybe you could use them. If I find anything else interesting, I'll let you know.

I came across this one, seems a hello of a lot better than anything else I've seen, you are gonna need a huge boot to fit it in though. 

https://buffbbq.com/collections/pellet-smokers/products/bbq-smoker-pit-boss-tailgater-pellet-smoker