Midland Tailgate 2020

The 1st Midland Tailgate Weekend will take place on 5th - 7th June 2020.

The venue will be Marsten Caravan & Camping Park

Address, 

Kingsbury Rd
Sutton Coldfield
B76 0DP
United Kingdom

The will be a Fridge Trailer on site for all to use and put meat.

This will be a free and easy weekend, where like minded folk meet and BBQ. You can either Cook on your own pitch or

cook on the main cooking pitch.

We aim to eat as a group at approximately 17.30.

Great weekend to get together and enjoy a beer, chat BBQ and eat some great food.

TARIFF 

Caravan, Motorhome, Trailer Tent Pitch Rate 

1 Adult                        £14.00

2 Adults                        £18.00

Family, 1 or 2 Adults + 2 Under 13        £18.00

Tent per night up to 4 Persons 

1 Adult                        £14.00

2 Adults                        £16.00

Family, 1 or 2 Adults + 2 Under 13        £16.00

Pup Tent

1 Adult                        £12.00

2 Adults                        £14.00

Additional Charges per night

Adult                            £4.00

Child (under 13)                     £2.00

Gazebo                         £2.00

£4.00 token for washing machine....£3.00 token tumble drier

Pup Tents with Caravans charged at Tent rates.

Awning Small £1.00, Large £2.00 per night

No charge for toilets or showers.

• Like 2

Ok guys & gals.... @sotv has found a campsite that's just middle for diddle of the UK.  Served  by the M6..M42  very easy to get to,  @sotv & myself will visit at a later date.

It's seems very early to start talking about next year but it soon comes around,  but now you have time to add this date to next years diary.

Ice.

• Like 3

Steve & I are in contact via PM's,  the timeline is for us to visit the site in the next few weeks, (hope to click for a nice day).  Will sort out an area that will suit the weekend,  I will take photos and upload to the forum along with directions.

Ice.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

OK guys, @sotv , Rosemary & I paid a visit to the above campsite today and we all think it will be just the place to hold the Midland Tailgate on the 5th-7th June.

The manageress could not do enough to accommodate us. Photos show the area that she says is the best for what we want. From the large tree on the left back to the smaller tree...across to the tree on the right of photo2.

DSC_0884.thumb.JPG.e83b892971515ff47bec93e8cdbe3c89.JPG

DSC_0883.thumb.JPG.227542cbcc279bd5ef7a40a5ce685650.JPG

By June the grass will be out of it's winter coat and cut...no problems with electric....this is a new 8 sockets post that will be for us for those that need it.

DSC_0885.thumb.JPG.1b9bf48eae3afce8e686dbcc6641d11f.JPG

The toilet & shower block is about 100yds if that behind me when taking the above photo.

DSC_0886.thumb.JPG.4abdf6f461214a16f4ca89aa58a6b97a.JPG

The toilet/showers are of very high standard....both have been checked by us 3.

DSC_0888.thumb.JPG.7adf9a667d71abd7a5556585db7979f6.JPG

Showers are also brilliant.....

DSC_0893.thumb.JPG.d034e7ca40e455d367ca689d88c6f12f.JPG

DSC_0894.thumb.JPG.a3659b76499c4c9419575c54cbd497f6.JPG

The site is cash on arrival, we've agreed that the best way to arrange it and best for the site is all bookings go through myself or Steve....so let either of us know...PM or email if you want to come and we will keep a list and inform the site.  
At present, we have booked 5 pitches, the area will hold 7 or 8 units easy...she is hoping to add 2 or 3 more hard standing just to the right of photo 2 by June these will be great for motorhomes or caravans.

Anyone just coming for the day is £1, and from where we are we can let them in with the key fobs that you are issued with, so no problems there.
From where we are, the area commands that everyone can see us....in fact, it'll be bloody impossible to miss us.

Ice.

• Like 3

Ice has posted the info needed for the site itself, but I am just going to add a few things to it, that may also help you, if thinking of coming along, but not sure where it is in relation to you and maybe a few local things of interest if you want to bring partners/kids with you and make a weekend of it?

The site is 5 minutes of Junction 9 of the M42 which directly connects with the M1 from the North, M5, M6 and M40 from the South also the A5 from East or West is within 10 minutes of the site.

Approx travel times from different parts of the Midlands to give you an idea

Nottingham 45 minutes

Cannock 45 Minutes

Leicester 1 hour, Coventry 25 minutes, Nuneaton 20 minutes

Birmingham 20 minutes, Redditch & Warwick 40 minutes, Oxford just over an hour

Worcester/Cheltenham just under an hour

Stoke about 1 hour 20 minutes

Hopefully people will come along for the weekend or day and do some cooking and enjoy the atmosphere and maybe gives you a chance to cook some different things, from your usual for a group of people, where you may only usually cook for your immediate family most of the time, like I do. Nothing intimidating about it, a few beers, very chilled atmosphere and a chance to share your cooking with others, that enjoy this sort of food.

If looking to make a weekend with partners and family of it and looking for something for them to to do perhaps while you are cooking? Drayton Manor Theme Park and Thomas Land is less than 3 miles away, also the Snowdome is 10-15 minutes away and Twycross Zoo is less than 30 minutes away. Also a great big shopping retail park called Ventura Park 10 minutes away

If like me not a camper, day tickets are available if you just want to turn up on the Saturday or plenty of hotels within 5-15 minutes of the venue starting from £70 for the Friday/Saturday night at the Travelodge 10 minutes away on Junction 10 of the M42 and just leave your smoker at the campsite, with the people camping over the weekend and start cooking on the Saturday morning.

The beauty of the booking system with this site and paying on the day, their is no initial financial commitment beforehand, so if you have said you are coming and have to make a  late decision to cancel, it isn't going to cost you anything and likewise you can make a decision to come 24 hours before the event and have no problem joining in and getting a spot

it is the 1st time trying this for the Midlands area and hopefully people will come along and support it, and if successful it may become a regular feature in the calendar?

Edited by sotv
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Icefever said:

I've been in touch with Oliver at Pro Smoke BBQ  in Banbury and it may be possible for him to bring some BBQ kit for a display or demo?? 🤞

Ice.

Ok, so if we have Oliver turning up with kit for Demo etc, we now need to push this event.

Social media the lot, also adding we have Pro Smoke BBQ on site with a Display and Demo!

• Like 1

Yes it. Post it all over the place. an nice thing to post a bit like has been done for Brew and Q maybe? Make it loo more professional.  I can ask SwiftArt that i use  if you want but need to draw something up if you want.  If you want Pro Smoke BBQ on the poster you will need there permission.