Pulled Pork 1st Overnight attempt

hoogl

Hi all, 

I'm attempting my first overnight pulled pork. 3 Pork Shoulders from ASDA. Trimmed off the fat cap rubbed with homemade rub. Made a spritz of 200ml Apple Juice 50 ml of Cyder Vinegar. 

Plan is to pull the pork off at 9am ish wrap in foil and towels rest in a cooler and serve around 12ish.

17:00 - Put the pork on. 

18:30 - First Spritz

19:40 - Second Spritz

20:50 - Third Spritz

22:10 - Fourth Spritz

23:30 - Fifth Spritz - Prepping for bed. Added more coals (Smothered fire, dug lit coals back out to allow air in. Added more hot water to pan and extra apple juice in the drip tray.)

00:15 - Sixth Spritz

01:30 - Seventh Spritz - ET - 733 probe in one of the butts suddenly spiked from 75c to 100c. I think I have got the wire wet :Oops: checked with instant read and butts 78 - 82c

Hopefully it's bed time.

08:00 - Woke up ET - 733 reading over 110c for butt

08:30 - Dome temp 110c. IT of Butt on wired therm 95c. All 3 butts double wrapped in foil, wrapped in towels placed in towel lined cooler. 

13:00 - 2 butts pulled and served. Too much other food was served so I've kept a butt for my dinner tonight. 

I'll continue to update

1 - Pork Rubbed.jpg

2 - Pork on.jpg

3 - Pork 90mins in.jpg

4 - Pork 2.5hrs in.jpg

5 - Pork 3.5 hrs in.jpg

6 - Pork 4.5 hrs in.jpg

7 - Pork 6.5 hrs in.jpg

8 - Pork 7 hrs in.jpg

9 - Pork 8.5 hrs in.jpg

10 - Dome temp 15.5 hrs.jpg

11 - Internal Temp of Butt 15.5 hrs.jpg

12 - Pork 15.5 Hrs in.jpg

13 - Pork1 IT 15.5 hrs.jpg

14 - Pork2 IT 15.5 hrs.jpg

15 - Pork3 IT 15.5 hrs.jpg

17 - Pork Pulled after rest.jpg

Edited by hoogl
adding more progress pictures
  • Like 6

46 minutes ago, Montyb82 said:

Fingers crossed, will you reheat before serving out of interest?

No I'm hoping it will keep the heat for a few hours. I did it previously pulled at 5pm served around 9-10 pm and burnt my fingers on the foil and pork. 😀

• Like 1

Absolutely. it was the best meat of the day😀. They wanted to raffle off my spare butt.  We had a wee BBQ at my Dad's bowling club. Pulled pork, Sausages, Burgers, Chilli hotdogs, potato salad, greek salad, beer soaked chicken. fed about 30 adults and 20 kids. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, hoogl said:

Absolutely. it was the best meat of the day😀. They wanted to raffle off my spare butt.  We had a wee BBQ at my Dad's bowling club. Pulled pork, Sausages, Burgers, Chilli hotdogs, potato salad, greek salad, beer soaked chicken. fed about 30 adults and 20 kids. 

Congrats man, sounds like a good day hope your weather was better than mine!

• Thanks 1