Hi All

wmatthewman

Morning

I am based in East Kent in a lovely little place called Westgate On Sea. I started Barbequeing a few years ago and I am now starting to get in to smoking. I have a Landemann Kentucky smoker and have started doing Brisket etc to varying success. Could do with some advice on how to seal the BBQ better!!! Oh and any rub recipes etc etc!

Edited by wmatthewman
  • Like 1

Hi wmatthewman. Looking forward to your adventures, show us your cooks and hopefully you will find lots of helpful people and resources. I have been on the forum since last March 2018 and I have found and continue to find many friends and much help.  The tailgates are great fun. I have organised the inaugural spring Anglia and Southeast which was last month, and I am going to the Midlands, Northern and National ones through the year. They are great fun and relaxing. Hope to see you at one of those certainly at least the national one.

I learnt lots from this forum including cold smoking and charcuterie. Now I am getting into all grain brewing too, all through the inspiration derived from this forum.

Lots of guidance on the Landemann offset and yes sealing is a serial discussion, be prepared to do modding to try to fix those things.

My advice is learn form this experience  ( that is mostly what i get from this  forum)and hopefully you will have a top producing smoker and in future think about maybe  buying for the longer term  at a slightly higher price point. it kind of depends if you want something that works  out of the box for years or something that needs tweaking and dialling in from the start.  Both are viable routes it kinds which route you prefer.

12 minutes ago, wmatthewman said:

this was my first attempted at Brisket on the Landemann. Managed to keep the temperature around 125 for 5 hours. Rubbed it with a recipe that an american friend gave me

60557386_10161821179335451_1453855101234970624_n.jpg

60509186_10161822345535451_2833627763280183296_n.jpg

60465124_10161822304520451_3581275427986997248_n.jpg

Good work, I suggest post this on the landemann thread so everyone interested in the landemann can be inspired.

18 hours ago, Justin said:

Hi wmatthewman. Looking forward to your adventures, show us your cooks and hopefully you will find lots of helpful people and resources. I have been on the forum since last March 2018 and I have found and continue to find many friends and much help.  The tailgates are great fun. I have organised the inaugural spring Anglia and Southeast which was last month, and I am going to the Midlands, Northern and National ones through the year. They are great fun and relaxing. Hope to see you at one of those certainly at least the national one.

I learnt lots from this forum including cold smoking and charcuterie. Now I am getting into all grain brewing too, all through the inspiration derived from this forum.

Lots of guidance on the Landemann offset and yes sealing is a serial discussion, be prepared to do modding to try to fix those things.

My advice is learn form this experience  ( that is mostly what i get from this  forum)and hopefully you will have a top producing smoker and in future think about maybe  buying for the longer term  at a slightly higher price point. it kind of depends if you want something that works  out of the box for years or something that needs tweaking and dialling in from the start.  Both are viable routes it kinds which route you prefer.

Thanks. I bought the Landemann to try out proper smoking before laying out a big expense on something proper. A mate has an Egg that is fun to play with

Edited by wmatthewman