Jump to content

Morning!


Nevada
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello!

Im Jon,

Currently residing in West Berkshire

My BBQ/Smoking started after a visit to Babes BBQ & Brewery in Rancho Mirage, CA

I had never really cared for REAL bbq before but after talking to the guys there, i have been hooked and haven't looked back.

Im cooking on the obligatory Webber Kettle 10% of the time. The other 90% is my badly built offset smoker birthday present from Argos.

Currently proving my theory right that if i can ace cooking on this dodgy offset then i can cook on anything.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks Simon

Its not too bad to be fair, the metals thin so it don't keep heat all that well. Foil and a brick have helped.

The design is so stupid it boils my blood, holes everywhere and nothing lines up that well, so i have a brick and a massive rock holding doors shut.

Could do with some high temp silicon seal but i don't think i will keep it long enough to bother.

 

Did my first ever brisket this weekend and using my limited maths skills it got to pull temp exactly when i calculated so I'm not complaining.

 

Think i may start leaning towards the ProQ with fans and bluetooth thermos next... just kind of enjoying the cave man style i have going at the moment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...