Hello from Glasgow

hoogl

Hi All, 

Stumbled upon this forum today. I have enjoyed reading the posts so I thought I should join and say hi. 👋

I bought a WSM 57cm almost two years ago and have loved using it as often as I can. My other half usually moans about the lack of fridge/freezer space until it's time to taste. :)  I did build a wee shelter for my WSM so the dreich weather we get won't spoil my fun. 

I have a ProQ cold smoke kit arriving tomorrow, which I can't wait to use. 

Cheers,

Adieu from the BBQ

• Like 1

On 4/29/2019 at 8:01 AM, Icefever said:

Hi Hoogl .....with two years under your belt running the WSM you should have a lot to offer on here.. Welcome

Ice.    m0114.gif

Hi @Icefever, Yeah it'll be two years this summer. I seasoned it with a couple racks of ribs and some chicken. I do have some pics which I'll upload later. 

On 4/29/2019 at 10:13 AM, Simon said:

Hi and welcome to the group. Let us know how the cold smoking goes. 

Hi @Simon, I will do. I'm making a run to Costco after work tomorrow get some cheese and maybe nuts. I'm planning on serving the cheese etc next Thursday. I'd rather wait longer for it to mature but I did say to my dad I'd have some for his bowling club. So i'm thinking an hour or two max, rest for an hour or so then vac pak until next thursday. 

On 4/29/2019 at 10:34 AM, Smokin Monkey said:

Once again welcome to the Forum. 

Hi again @Smokin Monkey, Thanks for the warm welcome. 

On 4/29/2019 at 4:50 PM, Justin said:

Looking forward to your smoked salmon adventures on the pro Q cold smoke, just do not let the box get wet.

Hi @Justin, I have hot smoked salmon several times. I have done it for Christmas eve dinner the last two years along with a gammon joint. I'm definitely looking to try a cold smoke salmon asap. My Mrs doesn't like it cold so all the more for me :) 

Thought it was easier to reply to all in one message. If that's not etiquette then feel free to keep me right. 

• Like 2

All cool thkugh cheese needs to mature longer really.  Maybe you tell the bowls clubs to leave them in fridge for another 3 weeks before eating. Anyway time to move to the relevant threads

Edited by Justin