Another Newbie Alert - Barnsley

Dru

17 hours ago, Icefever said:

Hi, & welcome, Dru.....what stage of the build on your UDS are you at ??? I've got one of the air intakes done on mine at the moment.   

Ice.

Hi, I only picked up the drum last Saturday & not really had much time due to work this week, but I've got the exhaust holes cut in the lid & all the parts for the intakes, just need to cut holes in the drum then do a burn out & clean up & maybe paint (bit unsure on this, might just go with the rat look & clear coat) but today I've been working on the fire basket (old butane gas bottle) & how I'm going to mount a diffuser.

Andy

10 hours ago, Dru said:

Hi, I only picked up the drum last Saturday & not really had much time due to work this week, but I've got the exhaust holes cut in the lid & all the parts for the intakes, just need to cut holes in the drum then do a burn out & clean up & maybe paint (bit unsure on this, might just go with the rat look & clear coat) but today I've been working on the fire basket (old butane gas bottle) & how I'm going to mount a diffuser.

Andy

I cheated a little,  I bought a brand new barrel for £25,  I may find time today to have a go at the other air intake?.  I'm searching for high temp decals, but I'm not sure they even exist?....so I'm playing with ideas for a paint job, it has to be finished soon ready for Smoke 19.  

Ice.

5 minutes ago, Smokin Monkey said:

I used Standard Vinyl on my and it’s been OK.

That does surprise me,  I would have thought the heat on the side of the drum would have been too hot for vinyl?? What size can you print then Steve?? and is it possible to copy a photo??

This may be the answer to my problem??

Ice.

15 hours ago, Icefever said:

I cheated a little,  I bought a brand new barrel for £25,  I may find time today to have a go at the other air intake?.  I'm searching for high temp decals, but I'm not sure they even exist?....so I'm playing with ideas for a paint job, it has to be finished soon ready for Smoke 19.  

Ice.

brand new sounds good & a lot less work (as I'm finding out) & £25 is cheap! I paid £12 for a used drum. Can I ask where from please? just in case I build another

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 8:12 PM, Raptor72 said:

Hey welcome I built this last year 

4F22D35A-F16D-41F3-995D-230B4C3A1614.jpeg

B1A55938-B4EA-4D18-BE5A-2599E4CC7765.jpeg

574FBE38-CB24-46E1-9C5A-6970B2B447DF.jpeg

34AD89DC-7890-41C8-90F8-B05A771DE400.jpeg

wow that looks a really cool build! what are you using as a fire basket? I'm trying to fab 1 from an old gas bottle, & please can I ask what is the little bracket on the front for? digital temp gauge?

48 minutes ago, Justin said:

The northern contingent is strong. Northern tailgate was good last year. Looking forward to the next

Holmfirth is only about 45 mins for me, is this a family friendly event? might have to see if the wife & kids fancy it B|

• Like 1

Hey i used a Bbq kettle bottom bowl and attached a trivet to the bottom of a fire bowl from a tripod Homebase bbq .drilled loads of holes in it . It’s ok but I don’t use it really now 

cost 15 gbp in total 

the little bracket was to put a decal on and then I was going to use a magnetic doorstop with double sided Velcro to attach a digital thermometer. But I used a fish grill on the side as a shelf 

my biggest advice is to allow enough room from the top to the first shelf . So that you when you put the lid on you have enough space for brisket and pork butt etc 

A724519D-64F8-48C1-BA2F-F53A13B59431.jpeg

D613AC70-E952-4E92-8C43-2DFEF7D30490.jpeg

F6EFBFCE-C65D-4C6C-900F-9F3F73CDF5AD.jpeg

1ED48B2E-C870-41E2-9ABA-09AB7A4E73E4.jpeg

• Like 1