Hello and thank you!

Sarah Duffy

Hello! Sarah here (along with Bryon the hubby, Adelyn and Isaac) massive bbq fans, often look at smoker barrels but haven’t yet subcum. Love making burgers, sausage patties, kebabs, marinades for meats. Never smoked but love the idea of smoking our own salmon. 

Accidently fell upon you guys while camping this weekend and mind is blown! Would LOVE to get involved it the next get together. Meanwhile, I’ll be after some inspiration as my meat joints are generally the same old thing; I’d have never thought about BBQ’ing a joint.

on another note...

Thank you for the invite this evening and being so welcoming of us all. Pretty big hit with the kiddies! (Possibly due to toffee sauce and rice pudding?) but my 4 year old enjoyed munching ribs and chicken wings aswell.

Whoever made the lamb/pomegranate dish.. byron loves it and a reciepe would be grand!

Apologies that our only contribution was a few beers! Wish I’d know before hand and I could have knocked a few bits up!

look forwards to getting involved in your next ‘meat up’ (no one has used that pun before right?)

Edited by Sarah Duffy
  • Like 3

Hi and welcome  to the forum Sarah.  Great to have you on board, we're all new to this only started 6 months back. Went along to Woodsmoke 18 and wow what an eye opener,  to us bbq  was basically sausages & burgers.  You will pick up loads idea's from the forum,  what Rosie likes is you pop a joint on the go and relax. ...no standing over a kitchen stove.

Ice.

• Like 1

Is was nice chatting to you all yesterday. Welcome to the group. To see Isaac saying "I love it" made my day. Glad the rice pudding and dulce de leche sauce were such a hit with him.   Hope you can make the next meet. Keeps eyes peeled for future news on that.

Shame that,  would have been nice if you'd had an apple or cheery.  Time would have been my next post,  fresh cut wood can take years to dry fully when we lived in France any wood we used was always over 3 years old. Never mind you can burn them on a fire pit or in a log burner. 

Ice.

• Like 1

Just now, Icefever said:

Shame that,  would have been nice if you'd had an apple or cheery.  Time would have been my next post,  fresh cut wood can take years to dry fully when we lived in France any wood we used was always over 3 years old. Never mind you can burn them on a fire pit or in a log burner. 

Ice.

Yes these would need a couple years at least! We have plans to make stepping stones for the kids and some reindeers around xmas.