question re veggies!

Sarah Duffy

Upgraded vac pack machine. Cheap was was horrific and has been sent back! £20 more and I got a pretty good one I think! I’ll give it a couple months and then review. 

got a tank for £14, small one but suffice for now. It’s been used at least once per day since it arrived. Absolute life saver! 

I was debating whether to get a second on; One for veg and one for meats. I read that one way to do it (if you have time) if Cook your veg, reduce temp for meat but leave veg in.

Anyone tried this? Any adverse effects?

love the balls but a bit like playing ker plunk. Probably over filled tank

rice pudding in for now!

7F52C510-2179-4361-B549-A35903934339.jpeg

3 hours ago, Icefever said:

There's no stopping you now girl. .....m1211.gif 

We do tend to do just the meat,  so not sure about veggies,  I read that some root veg can be a bugger but hey what do I know.. :huh:

Ice.

First challenge was floating bags. Googled and sorted that one.

so far I’ve done carrots, brocolli, cauliflower, parsnips, green beans, runner beans

ive tried some from fresh and some I blanched, packed and froze. Carrots seemed fine both ways. 

Playing with times and temp as they cooked very differently to when I’m steaming! Will take some time I imagine. Might steam as usual for now and Suous Vide one veg at a one to perfect before adding in anither

• 1 month later...
On 9/28/2018 at 7:38 PM, Sarah Duffy said:

Upgraded vac pack machine. Cheap was was horrific and has been sent back! £20 more and I got a pretty good one I think! I’ll give it a couple months and then review. 

got a tank for £14, small one but suffice for now. It’s been used at least once per day since it arrived. Absolute life saver! 

I was debating whether to get a second on; One for veg and one for meats. I read that one way to do it (if you have time) if Cook your veg, reduce temp for meat but leave veg in.

Anyone tried this? Any adverse effects?

love the balls but a bit like playing ker plunk. Probably over filled tank

rice pudding in for now!

7F52C510-2179-4361-B549-A35903934339.jpeg

Oooohh where did you get container from 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...