How did you come up with your Forum Name?

Smokin Monkey

My father and I both loved to read Western novels. My nic is taken from one of the Zane Greys heroes - Wade Holden

Oh yes... I almost forgot... and its my name too ?

Its the truth - Dad named me after a character in a book he was reading at the time I was born. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As I've gotten older I've taken a renewed interest in the English language,  having been on forums for a number of years I've had a couple of "Forum names".  A few years back I joined and am still on it, a drinks forum,  when it came to making up a name the old gray matter started turning and it came up with "Icefever".

Now the reason this happened was I wanted something based on an Oxymoron,  (that's not a pun)

" Definition of Oxymoron is a figure of speech in which two opposite ideas are joined to create an effect. The common oxymoron phrase is a combination of an adjective proceeded by a noun with contrasting meanings, such as “cruel kindness,” or “living death”.

I came up with "Ice Fever".....cold/hot??????  I'm not sure if it is or not,  but I've taken it on board.    ?     :thumb1:.

Ice. @Smokin Monkey  we did this on another forum and it was very interesting.

Edited by Icefever
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was playing a game called Halflife and wanted to sign up for a forum about it, I needed a username and as part of the sign up I needed a zipcode. I just took the name of the software company that made the game, and the only zip code I knew at the time (from the rubbish tv show) and Valve90210 was born! lol

• Haha 2

Mine was (Mrs, Ice,) but when we went to the Billing Aquadrom, Smokin Monkey said he thought ( Mrs, Ice)  was too  formal  so he  renamed me to Ice Ice Baby  which was a honor, but I found I keep singing that stupid advert from the TV so I asked him to change  it to Ice Ice Lady, so a big thank you SM I love it .

Edited by Ice Ice Lady
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

My forum name is after the road I lived in in France for 12 years in a tiny village where we were the only brits and nobody spoke English. We were adopted totally and became a part of the village. The locals taught me so much about shooting, growing our own vegetables, spit roasting wild boar, hot smoking, collecting food from the wild.....and to appreciate good wine.

• Like 1

Yes names keep recurring. Our first home was church street! We return several times a year....we are there now! Only came back as a result of a severe back injury and surgery thus not then being able to continue being a market garden and orchard keeper...plus family pressure. Should have added another skill....helping in the distillation of calvados!

When we live there our neighbour made eau de vie he had the permit to do so.  He told me that it was always handed down from father to son, but the Gov had stopped this.

38 minutes ago, Ruedeleglise said:

the 11th commandment. “They shalt not be found out”...!

Some folks say "don't tell, don't sell"  whoever they are???    ?

Mine was based on a gaming tag I had 20 years ago . It was supposed to be Tiger raptor . But I misspelled when typing it in . And it came out Ligeraptor which stuck . 

And people thought I was being clever with the Liger ( lion tiger hybrid ) . And I didn’t want to dispel the notion . And 72 is year I was born 

My gaming tag now is usually Wraith