Bookers

Justin

Popped down there and all sorted.

BULB energy online statement saved as pdf then saved as word, easy peasey to amend and re pdf.

Invoice make it up.  Large amount of charm . Jobs a good'un.

10kg frozen spare ribs in yellow box £36.. 3.60 a kg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Justin said:

I spoke with butcher there about flat brisket. He said yes point end but only salted.. should not be salted?

Take a look at Bookers rolled brisket - you can tell the thickness from looking at the end. Some are a good size and the last couple I have smoked I bought from there. If you give them a couple of days notice they will often keep a watch and put by their thickest one for you.

• Thanks 1

Bookers near me were doing Australian Black Angus brand beef but sadly they couldn't source the Packer Briskets. 

I find their frozen Ribs to be good but you've gotta crack the box open to inspect them as it can be a roulette sometimes! Still working my may through a box of baby backs at the moment....

• Thanks 1

Certainly can just need the freezer space! There was talk a while back on another forum of certain Booker outlets selling meaty ribs, which were spare cut but from more developed hogs. Yet to find them though and my local have no mention of them on their inventory. They looked amazing either way.

They're good quality but as noted above in one of my other replies you have to crack open the box and check they aren't on the lean side. If you go for the Belvedere baby backs they also come individually packaged inside the box. Which is a god send as you don't have to faff about separating them with a crow bar and hammer.... 

Usually get 11-13 racks per box so works out roughly £3 per rack.

Also bought ribs from my local abattoir but they don't come separated like these do. Right pain in the ass. Unless you're a restaurant and cooking them all at the same time!

IMG_20171208_153505.jpg

IMG_20180609_161611.jpg

IMG_20180609_183840.jpg

• Thanks 2