Newbie to smoking

RogerB

Just bought a ProQ excel smoker and I'm super happy with it ... less so with my own skills. This is my main reason for joining the forum, pick up some good tips and such.

I'm based in Aberdeenshire, so pleasant days for smoking will be few, but I hope to do it all year if I can. I'm trying both hot and cold smoking.

Sláinte mhath. 

Welcome to the forum RogerB....learning the art of BBQing/smoking is a steap learning curve mate.  Read the  ProQ section, if you havn't already 😉 my one tip dump the water and use sand...no having the pan run dry on a long cook, having to fill it is a PITA. Watch where you site the smoker, use some sort of a wind break, any problems give a shout on here and there's a good chance somebody will answer. 👍

Ice.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@hooglDavidsons is a few streets down and they are my local butchers! Great quality, they can be on the more expensive side but cannot complain about the quality though so you're definitely getting what you pay for. 

If you're thinking about getting a delivery from them, they deliver everything frozen so make sure you have space in your freezer before ordering!

Edited by caleuanhopkins
  • Like 1