Hi people, new to the forums!

Tez

Hi everyone, i am new to the forums and i am awaiting delivery of my new and 1st smoker (callow smoker) and am wondering do i need to season this or is it ok to cook straight off the bat?, thanks for the advice in advance and cant wait to start cooking, meanwhile like someone suggested buying ribs from bookers, cracking idea off to the warehouse i go!

regards.

Tez.

• Like 1

Hi Tez & welcome to the forum mate....the Callow smoker has a following on here, from what I know you can jump straight in. It doesn't do any harm to fire the newbie up and do a burn just so you can get an idea from the temp probe just how she's running....have a play with the vent's and get a feel for her.....it's much like getting married you have to learn all about her as you go ..🤣😎

ICE.

• Haha 3

Hi and welcome Tez,

I’ve just acquired one of these as a secondary for my WSM.
Goes together surprisingly well. Lid on mine is a bit temperamental in fitting as the body isn’t perfectly round (as it should be) I have a small rub spot where it catches, not gonna argue for the price.

Spent ages when I built it wondering why I had a hook left, turns out it was a lid hanger.. the one thing I wish my WSM had 🙄.. oh and handles!!! 

I used mine straight away as it came and things went surprisingly well. 
I pretty much stood charcoal briquettes along the rack in the gaps so they were standing in a lines all regimental like 😁 then lit a small pile in the middle.

If you get stuck I’m sure somebody will set you straight 👍

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Icefever said:

...have a play with the vent's and get a feel for her.....it's much like getting married you have to learn all about her as you go ..🤣😎

ICE.

Don’t go sticking your fingers... or worse in smoker vents,.... you’re gonna have a bad time.. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Icefever said:

Hi Tez & welcome to the forum mate....the Callow smoker has a following on here, from what I know you can jump straight in. It doesn't do any harm to fire the newbie up and do a burn just so you can get an idea from the temp probe just how she's running....have a play with the vent's and get a feel for her.....it's much like getting married you have to learn all about her as you go ..🤣😎

ICE.

51 minutes ago, Smokin Monkey said:

Hi Tez, welcome to the Forum, plenty of users of the Callow her on the Forum, and if you want to know technical stuff about it Wade is your man.

Thanks very much, i feel part of the family already!,..thanks for the warm welcome all!