ProQ/Napoleon Apollo

U can do that again

They are very similar yes though there are subtle differences. I guess it is tough to design a bullet smoker that would look much different. The Napoleon 300 and the ProQ Excel are similar sizes and there is only about £15 pounds difference in the RRP so it will all come down to the build quality. From the video it looks as if the quality of the Napoleon is quite good but you can only tell after having used it for a while. The ProQ Excel does have reinforced legs, which the AS300 does not. It is probably a case of you pay your money and make your choice...

Along with the points above, worth taking into consideration the accessories available for both models if they interest you. Spares and support for them, along with what is popular in the forum, if you need help in the future, with which one you have chose.

Thanks for the responses. Just looked on Amazing Ribs, screenshot below.

Basically the same, the legs on mine are different to those shown as they have a diagonal brace.

When in the market opted against WSM , found a deal with Napoleon cover, charcoal and firefighters at Beds BBQ and in stock. Couldn’t find a ProQ in stock anywhere and no other Napoleon stockist have the 300. No complaints with performance so far.

B3303C5A-81EF-4180-AB36-D62663E43D9B.thumb.png.1e69dcf3829e6fac4b5ae52328a65726.png

1F5E7AC1-6E4C-4080-AD19-F5C01D45F5C7.png

Similar price to the current one on website, maybe a couple of quid cheaper and was in stock at the time about a month ago

never set eyes on it before pulling the trigger  or seen  the ProQ but had visited the old shop as moved since I visited and impressed by the quality of Napoleons seen on that visit even though got Broil King gasser on the day from them

62E71C51-0BBB-4E7F-B74D-07F6898818FA.png

• 2 weeks later...

ProQ make the Napoleon so I imagine they're pretty similar. I almost bought a proq but got a ridiculously good deal on a 22 inch Fornetto Razzo, which again is extremely similar.

Edited by Deano

On 6/22/2020 at 10:45 PM, U can do that again said:

I got the same deal from Beds BBQ, free cover, free charcoal (just used it and its prety good - lumpwood by Mr BBQ.  I also ordered some rubs and chips and got free firelighters.  I paid about £257 all in, or thereabouts.  Very happy with the warranty length, size and feel of it so far.  I got the 200.  Plenty big enough with the 2 grills.  Made some mods already and set the temp guage correctly

Similar price to the current one on website, maybe a couple of quid cheaper and was in stock at the time about a month ago

never set eyes on it before pulling the trigger  or seen  the ProQ but had visited the old shop as moved since I visited and impressed by the quality of Napoleons seen on that visit even though got Broil King gasser on the day from them

62E71C51-0BBB-4E7F-B74D-07F6898818FA.png