Hi Honey I'm home!

Gizzard

Hi all

Yet another middle aged BBQ fan to join your ranks. Recently as part of my midlife crisis (current one) I upgraded my Weber Kettle to a Summit Charcoal!!

Took a few tries to pull the trigger but hey I'm a in it for the long haul so screw it.

Based near Cambridge looking forward to a long lockdown in the garden smoking meat and drinking rum.

Cheers Wayne. 

• Like 2

Hi Gizzard, welcome to the forum, plenty of us middle aged fogies on here.😃

The Summit is meant to be a lovely bit of kit, was deliberating between that and the Smokefire a couple of months ago. Went for the Smokefire in the end but it was a difficult choice and not sure I have made the right one. Time will tell.

2 minutes ago, sotv said:

Hi Gizzard, welcome to the forum, plenty of us middle aged fogies on here.😃

The Summit is meant to be a lovely bit of kit, was deliberating between that and the Smokefire a couple of months ago. Went for the Smokefire in the end but it was a difficult choice and not sure I have made the right one. Time will tell.

Thanks bud. Did my first smoke last weekend, full rack of ribs and pork shoulder.... Love it. Explained to the misses its the Rolls Royce of BBQ's. I dont think she quite understood my point. Tis a thing of beauty IMO.

Just get a Summit charcoal too, whenever I check forums or youtube everyone seems to have "collections" 🙂

35 minutes ago, Gizzard said:

Thanks bud. Did my first smoke last weekend, full rack of ribs and pork shoulder.... Love it. Explained to the misses its the Rolls Royce of BBQ's. I dont think she quite understood my point. Tis a thing of beauty IMO.

Just get a Summit charcoal too, whenever I check forums or youtube everyone seems to have "collections" 🙂

I already have a ProQ, Rotisserie, an unused 57cm Kettle and now the Smokefire. I have an understanding wife, but I know what she would say, if i asked if I  can I spend £1500 on a summit after just spending 4 figures on the Smokefire 😀

1 minute ago, sotv said:

I already have a ProQ, Rotisserie, an unused 57cm Kettle and now the Smokefire. I have an understanding wife, but I know what she would say, if i asked if I  can I spend £1500 on a summit after just spending 4 figures on the Smokefire 😀

Yeah it can be a tough sell sometimes 😆

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gizzard said:

looking forward to a long lockdown in the garden smoking meat and drinking rum.

Welcome Gizzard...👍...agree 100% with you matey....rums my fav...I'm out at the moment but I think that will change by mid-week...🤣

Ice.