Fabulous Slaw

Thought i would share a recipe for my wife's fabulous Slaw. Forget the slaw you get a supermarkets, that is just pure tasteless crap in comparison!

This slaw is fantastic with burgers and any bbq meat with a sharp, sweet, hint of paprika and Smooth creamy after finish.

Ingredients.

Marinade

Half red cabbage

1 Red onion

2 carrots

50ml aspall organic cyder vinegar

1.5 tbsp of Dijon or whole grain mustard

1tbsp sugar

0.5 tsp cumin

1.5 tsp celery salt

1tsp pepper

Dressing

125ml mayonnaise

100ml sour cream

1 tsp salt

1.5 tsp smoked paprika

1tsp sugar.

Firstly i usually double the mix and use half a white cabbage and half a red cabbage for colour.

Regardless firstly finely slice the cabbage, onion and coarsely grate the carrots then mix together till even.

Mix all the marinade ingredients together and add the cabbage, onion and carrot, ensuring it is completely coated.

Leave this for 45 minutes ensureing you frequently mix it.

Next mix together the dressing ingredients.

Drain the marinade. Ensure you completely drain otherwise the slaw will be runny!

Then fold in the ingredients into the dressing and serve well chilled.

Enjoy!!!

20200503_165807.jpg

20200503_181642.jpg

Edited by Foggy01.1983
  • Like 2

Looks great, you can't beat homemade slaw, I don't half make a mess of the kitchen when I do it though. I use the Pitt&Cue Chipotle version. Find the slaw goes great with Pulled Pork etc and provides the heat for those who like a bit of spice with their meal and lessens the need to make the pulled pork with a rub with heat, for those that don't like it so much.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Foggy01.1983 said:

Thought i would share a recipe for my wife's fabulous Slaw. Forget the slaw you get a supermarkets, that is just pure tasteless crap in comparison!

This slaw is fantastic with burgers and any bbq meat with a sharp, sweet, hint of paprika and Smooth creamy after finish.

Ingredients.

Marinade

Half red cabbage

1 Red onion

2 carrots

50ml aspall organic cyder vinegar

1.5 tbsp of Dijon or whole grain mustard

1tbsp sugar

0.5 tsp cumin

1.5 tsp celery salt

1tsp pepper

Dressing

125ml mayonnaise

100ml sour cream

1 tsp salt

3 tsp smoked paprika

1tsp sugar.

Firstly i usually double the mix and use half a white cabbage and half a red cabbage for colour.

Regardless firstly finely slice the cabbage, onion and coarsely grate the carrots then mix together till even.

Mix all the marinade ingredients together and add the cabbage, onion and carrot, ensuring it is completely coated.

Leave this for 45 minutes ensureing you frequently mix it.

Next mix together the dressing ingredients.

Drain the marinade. Ensure you completely drain otherwise the slaw will be runny!

Then fold in the ingredients into the dressing and serve well chilled.

Enjoy!!!

20200503_165807.jpg

20200503_181642.jpg

Shred some pink lady apples into it 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Justin said:

We make some similar sometimes. Smoked paprika is not something we have tried in it. Will try that next time. Thx.

It is really worth it as it gives a nice kick at the end. I just noticed in the recipe above i put 3tsp!!

It should say 1.5 tsp as 3 is what I used for double the amount LOL..

Think i will edit it quickly.