Hey there!

WispyWales

Afternoon all,

Just a quick message to say hello really! Have seen quite a few posts from other folks in Wales over the last few days so to all of them I say, shwmae!

I'm in South Wales, keeping my fingers crossed we get some good weather this summer as it looks like I won't be leaving the garden much. No real barbecue experience as of yet except for the odd burger or sausage on a kettle grill, but in a moment of total boredom/madness after missing the cheap ALDI kamado sale this year I shelled out for a Kamado Joe Classic 2 - should be arriving in about a week and I can't wait 😁

Meanwhile I've been reading up on BBQ in general to get ready for the big day. Enjoying Meathead: The Science of Great Barbecue and Grilling (some great facts and explanations for the science buffs) but interested in any recommendations for kamado-specific books - let me know if anything comes to mind!

Thanks to Wade and the other admins/mods for launching and running the site as I've been looking for a UK-based BBQ board for a while - been lurking for a few hours and this one looks awesome.

Happy grilling, everyone! 😎

Wispy

• Like 2

Welcome to the board!Β 

I would like to recommend a book called Hot Coals. I found it useful for learning all about kamado's. All the info is available online but its nice to have it all to hand, plus there is alot of additional info that could be missed if you dont search for itπŸ‘

• Like 1

Hi Wispy & welcome.....smegging hell mate that was a moment of madness,Β  thinking about an Aldi kamado and ending up with a Kamado Joe Classic 2Β  m1436.gif

Your in the right place here, I finished up here looking for a UK site about 2 years back, we'll look after you boyo...

Β 

Ice.

• Like 1

Cheers guys, appreciate the warm welcome and all the tips - seems like this is a good place to be!

7 hours ago, Icefever said:

Hi Wispy & welcome.....smegging hell mate that was a moment of madness,Β  thinking about an Aldi kamado and ending up with a Kamado Joe Classic 2Β  m1436.gif

Well... in all honesty I may have been considering the Classic 2 beforehand... may have had something to do with that air hinge πŸ€” May have been talked out of it by someone who's better with money than me...

I don't know, I can't remember, it was all so long ago... πŸ˜‰

• Haha 1