Guten Tag (good day)

TrulySNAFU

Hi,

my name is Alex, I'm close to half a century old, born and raised in Germany. Worked for a German company in UK till 01/04/ "and then came Covid" (no worries I'm fine, only my job died).

Got some experience in turning meat into coal on a lot of different bbqs.

Recently started low and slow on a ALDI kettle (which will be returned shortly). However, I ordered the ALDI flower pot (aka kamado) and hope the quality is better than the kettle grill.

ย 

Erm, totally forgot: I live on the city where ladies used to ride naked through the city (Coventry).

See you later if you are an alligator, but see you in a while if you're a crocodile.

Alex

Edited by TrulySNAFU
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, hoogl said:

Hi andย :welcome1:.
Curious as yo why you are returning the kettle? is it bad or just not needed after getting the kamado?

Oh no, I ordered another kettle (this time a outback) ;), Just dont wont to pay 300+ for a 22" (57cm) kettle with an ash tray.

Whats wrong with the ALDI kettle?
I grew up with ALDI. I know the "weekly Special Buys" since I can remember. So I expect "German Quality" for a good price. But this kettle is flimsy, cheap (see pic).
Also it is a compact kettle, which means for low and slow the kettle cloggs with the ash.

Nevertheless I heard good things about the Flower Pot Cooker on the German boards and ordered one.

bbq.jpg

Ouch, Yeah i'd return that Kettle. I do agree you get what you pay for. Hopefully your flower pot comes soon and is in good working order.ย 
I do like a wee special buy myself. Just sad I can't justify the Kamado yet. Maybe next year :)ย 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TrulySNAFU said:

Erm, totally forgot: I live on the city where ladies used to ride naked through the city (Coventry).

Hi TrulySNAFU,ย ย  Naked ladies still ride naked through the city,ย  on some Sat nights...๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ย  we're just down the road in Warwick,ย  so a very warm welcome to the forum.

The Flower Pot Cooker ?? are you on about the mini kamado??

ย 

Ice.

Edited by Icefever
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Icefever said:

ย Naked ladies still ride naked through the city,ย  on some Sat nights...๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

Wouldn't call them ladies, but hey, thats Coventry.

ย 4 hours ago, Icefever said:

The Flower Pot Cooker ?? are you on about the mini kamado?

Guess its the normal size one (ALDI)