Ideal Tailgate Equipment

Smokin Monkey

For those of you who have attended Tailgates, working space is always a premium, especially with @Justin about 😂😂😂 (Sorry Justin)

I have just took delivery of one of these Camping Work Stations.

76E10A9A-BBEB-4248-AE69-80A0C5853D35.thumb.jpeg.0f8c24764fff7831469e0698ed2fab29.jpeg

Cost around £70.00 off EBay.

Folds Down In to its own carrying bag measuring 800mm x 450mm.

94296E9F-E1A6-44CC-AA3B-45F74FCE1090.thumb.jpeg.ba7c64e711b9bbe5817fb317cd3c3134.jpeg

I will be using at Tailgates for Dutch Oven Cooking.

All my gear and ingredients in one place.

Keep off Justin :police2:

• Like 3

Lol that is because someone James nicked my wooden table, and I did bring out my own camping table too which got subsumed for service!.

That thing you have bought looks nice. I have see these at fishing, people like them because of the wind shield for gas and open bbq's.

be nice if you would insert cool-box into the set up you have bought, must be possible, those cupboards are cloth yes?

Edited by Justin
  • Like 1

Work space can be a problem at times, when you add in a tailgate that just doubles it.  I think for next year we should think more about this,  this years Woodsmoke19 became very tight  space wise, not only prepping but moving about Rosemary fell over something and when down between two Smokers.....all down to not enough room.

I think any tailgate meeting whoever is organizing it should but down a plan of what goes where, ie prepping area, bbq area, then where we will set out and eat, and also a area for folks to relax and have a drink and chew the fat.

I bought a large prep table for this years Midland along with a 25 litre hot water boiler for both drinks and for hot water for washing up, so  we have that ready for next year. We need to take it up a step if we want folks to attend and have a great time.....just my 2 cents.🖖

Ice.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Icefever said:

Work space can be a problem at times, when you add in a tailgate that just doubles it.  I think for next year we should think more about this,  this years Woodsmoke19 became very tight  space wise, not only prepping but moving about Rosemary fell over something and when down between two Smokers.....all down to not enough room.

I think any tailgate meeting whoever is organizing it should but down a plan of what goes where, ie prepping area, bbq area, then where we will set out and eat, and also a area for folks to relax and have a drink and chew the fat.

I bought a large prep table for this years Midland along with a 25 litre hot water boiler for both drinks and for hot water for washing up, so  we have that ready for next year. We need to take it up a step if we want folks to attend and have a great time.....just my 2 cents.🖖

Ice.

100% correct @Icefever.

The Northern Tailgate was a bit out of the ordinary as it was that wet and heavy rain, we where crammed in to one 6x3 Gazebo, which collapsed!

We are looking at purchasing a Coleman Event Shelter through the proceeds of the raffle @Woodsmoke 19.

It was just an idea about the portable Kitchen unit, I have purchased one for using with my Dutch Ovens. But think they are good (or something similar) so everyone has their own work station? 

We do need to arrange the set out of the events, as WoodSmoke 19 the main cooking areas was his away at the back, and people passing bye could not see what we where doing so did not really interact.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I am pretty happy to have my camping table up and the round wooden on up around my kettle, Should be enough space if I can use it with out others stuff on it....I not sure about everyone with there own equipment, part of the fun is cooking alongside a someone else. Maybe I got visions of bbq pods for each person personal equipment. Often the things that drives people being cramped is the shelter wind breaks etc. Planning the spaces a good point, we tend to grow into the space organically. The best planning we had last year was the anglia one but then we did have the quatermaster there and when I got there first I just put up a small table with coffee until others arrived so as to leave the option open until the someone turned up with a vision of space use. Yes the northern one was dictated by one flimsy shelter and rain and mud but it was ok and good fun despite that, eventful for sure.

I agree the national one was very divided space, the set up was bad with the huge bin in the middle of the area getting in the way. It was all set up when I arrived so I just found a space, naturally. Like the pizza boys did,   If we are doing pan then we need shelters and big tables equipment list etc.  

On 10/5/2019 at 8:57 AM, Icefever said:

Ice.

And down to to some alcohol as well 

• Like 1

On 10/5/2019 at 9:33 AM, Icefever said:

Spot on mate...once we know what space we have at an event,  measure the area,  it should be easy to just draw a plan out, post it so anyone attending knows where everything is in a defined area.

Ice.

On the National if The set up had been back to front sans the middle bin walkway bit . 

• Like 1

Ice remember when Rosemary and you were putting up that splendid wind break, it was very tight on space. It was the the sort of thing that had we known  we should have put up first before the various smokers etc were in place. But it  was what it was and it worked really well. I am sorry Rosemary fell, that was uncool. Obviously putting it up was reaction to local conditions. Raptor is right, there was a lot of Alcohol flowing around, there always is! That did not help

Edited by Justin

On 10/5/2019 at 9:33 AM, Icefever said:

Spot on mate...once we know what space we have at an event,  measure the area,  it should be easy to just draw a plan out, post it so anyone attending knows where everything is in a defined area.

Ice.

A big picture plan will definitely help

Ok email sent to Holme Pierrepont, so should be able to book from tomorrow onwards.

They have allocated an area initially with 8 Pitches, I will go in and look at this area, and make a plan.

The reason for the division at this years Woodsmoke 19 was the shelters we had at our disposal.

My Gazebos (minus one now because it was wrecked at Northern Tailgate) are standard Gazebo design,

DB7162EA-96F3-4275-A5F1-C2D7C023C2BA.thumb.jpeg.2ad84844749ebcd83b3faa66a4508cac.jpeg

The Coleman Event Shelters have a more rounded shape

E5FAD564-BCD3-44CE-8C64-9E9AF8689F77.jpeg.08403faa846b0750e4f03f712c020c06.jpeg

When the two designs are put together the Coleman’s block the Gazebos.

This is my thoughts 

7B7C9244-81A4-4A1E-89D7-06AD656D7B34.thumb.jpeg.236355b03e4992edec832f2cd232ee79.jpeg

Sorry mate.  I mean big plan on shelters and space areas for social prep and smokers and bins and hot water and electric and chillers and how they connect together but on the ground within that, we work it organically i.e. what is happening  and decide.  As I say I am really happy to put my own space up if it helps but how that fits in a plan  etc....