Best of British rubs?

I travel to the US a lot with work and always fill my case with rubs to bring back, so I've not experimented with a lot of UK made rubs so far - I've got a stock pile of the US ones still to work my way through! 

Keen to try and make an effort to get some UK ones to try out for what remains of the summer - can people recommend some of their favourites? 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Ordered a few packs from Spicesontheweb to try. I like the idea that the majority of them contain, no sugar, salt and chilli and you can just add them to mixture dependant on your taste. The brand rubs can sometimes be too sweet,salty or hot for my liking. So like this idea of getting a good base of flavours for a rub and then add the other ingredients yourself, appealed to me.

• Like 2

I use this guy Spicee  He is a local guy to my, lives about 1/4 mile away, and nothing is too much trouble for him.

Even in lockdown, if I wanted anything he would drop it round.

He is doing these boxes,

307FA412-B392-4D48-AFDB-6771D232CC4F.thumb.jpeg.c83bb86d10d5d110368cb650038ea801.jpeg
They are great, pick and mix style, but they can be posted due to the size.

Might have to do a giveaway with one soon!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Smokin Monkey said:

I use this guy Spicee  He is a local guy to my, lives about 1/4 mile away, and nothing is too much trouble for him.

Even in lockdown, if I wanted anything he would drop it round.

He is doing these boxes,

307FA412-B392-4D48-AFDB-6771D232CC4F.thumb.jpeg.c83bb86d10d5d110368cb650038ea801.jpeg
They are great, pick and mix style, but they can be posted due to the size.

Might have to do a giveaway with one soon!

Looks like you have bought out all his stock...he only has the peri peri spice blend left from those you have there..which is a shame as these look very good 

50 minutes ago, Handyjayes said:

Looks like you have bought out all his stock...he only has the peri peri spice blend left from those you have there..which is a shame as these look very good 

He has massive stocks, was at his market stall yesterday,  he even makes them up while you wait.

Phone him and he will sort you out.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/26/2020 at 9:58 AM, sotv said:

Ordered a few packs from Spicesontheweb to try. I like the idea that the majority of them contain, no sugar, salt and chilli and you can just add them to mixture dependant on your taste. The brand rubs can sometimes be too sweet,salty or hot for my liking. So like this idea of getting a good base of flavours for a rub and then add the other ingredients yourself, appealed to me.

P1000968.thumb.JPG.324bd7c14845fbbab914e2ddaa6cd4bb.JPG

• 2 years later...