Ox cheek/beef shin Indian chilli

Raptor72

2 hours ago, sotv said:

Looks lovely, out of interest do you use a lid on your pot when cooking something like this  or leave it off?

I leave it off for first couple of hours then put the lid on . I have a cadac 5 litre casserole pan . It’s bomb proof sometimes I’d use my Dutch oven . But I love braising stuff especially cheeks . Pork and beef etc 

Take the lid off near the end and it reduces down and  can get some bark on bits above liquid 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Raptor72
  • Like 1

The Keto diet isn’t that good. A lot of studies say that people  lose weight but the majority put it back on again. However there’s no harm in having cauliflower rice, we sometimes have it instead of rice as it’s a fantastic way of getting some veg. 

2 hours ago, Simon said:

The Keto diet isn’t that good. A lot of studies say that people  lose weight but the majority put it back on again. However there’s no harm in having cauliflower rice, we sometimes have it instead of rice as it’s a fantastic way of getting some veg. 

Nah not a diet ! A plan lol 

nasically adopting some principles ie not too much white flour carbs . And finding alternatives. Diets make you miserable and you’re absolutely right regarding the short term 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Smokin Monkey said:

Looks good Spencer! I have got an Ox Cheek that needs cooking. Will be in a Dutch Oven.

I have Lost 1 1/2 stone since January, it’s easy, simple don’t be a Greedy Git.

Don’t be a what ... that doesn’t compute !  My hearing isn’t what it was ! Computer says no 

• Haha 2