No Knead Bread In A Dutch Oven

sotv

Made this in a dutch oven several times, very easy to do and tastes great. I use Strong Bread Flour as the protein level is 12g and is equivalent to the all purpose flour they mention in the video. The very strong version doesn't really work as it is usually 14g +. Very simple to do and I just use the flour used in the bread, rather than the wheat bran.

Video

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Smokin Monkey said:

Great Video Ice! Like the overhead camera work 😉 

Cheers...got to sort out the new mic...tried to do the voice over but there was far too base....hence the story cards...

1 hour ago, Justin said:

Only problem is there is no flour in the shops at the moment!

Fortunately we buy flour from Bookers pack of 8x1kg bags at a time.  just had a look around the net and you can find it.

Ice.

• Like 1

Just started another loaf as we finished the last one this morning.  The dough is now sat in the bowl, got around 10 mins to go on the first 30mins proof, then knock it down and set for 2nd proof....then into the oven.

Then we're off up the kitchen garden got a lot of prepping up there to do.

Ice.

Edited by Icefever

Yes he's using wholemeal, it's the bran in it that will have the best wild yeast to give the starter a better chance.  Just using plain bread flour sometimes go bad as it take too long for the wild yeast to take hold...very must like using wild yeast in brewing.

Ice.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally conquered the starter but only when i put in my fermenter fridge t solid 20 degrees, as it is too cool in house which is more like 16.5 to 17.5 degrees and obviously colder at night. If l leave it at room temp  then nothing but some very small activity, in fermenter fridge gets going bubbling away beautifully.  Bread making to follow once i start to run out of bread!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...