Heat beads ordered.

Icefever

Looking to do ribs either Sat or Sun,  the weather for both days look good for us where we are.  Been on WOW and BBQ world, it's the same price, £17.35 @10kg.... both sites say free P&P same day del over £49.99....so went for 3 bags £52.05

On WOW got as far as the checkout and it showed £4.99 P&P,  and no way to delete the charge so cancelled the order and ordered on BBQ world instead which gave me free P&P.....jobs a "good un"...should be here tomorrow ready for whichever day.

Ice.     t1602.gif

Edited by Icefever
  • Like 1

Just an update,  service from BBQ world was next day del like they say,  DPD had the job and turned up at 1300,  he dropped the box just inside the garage and went on his way.

Later on, I  went to move the box and noticed it was open and when I looked inside 2 of the bags had rips in them and one had burst.  I finished up using a sack and scooping all the beads into it.

Why this happened I don't know, was it old stock and the paper sacks not up to it???  had DPD damaged them and decided to throw the 3 bags into the box???

I will email BBQ world, later on, I'm interested in their response. 

Ice.   t1602.gif

5 hours ago, Icefever said:

Later on, I  went to move the box and noticed it was open and when I looked inside 2 of the bags had rips in them and one had burst.  I finished up using a sack and scooping all the beads into it.

Why this happened I don't know, was it old stock and the paper sacks not up to it???  had DPD damaged them and decided to throw the 3 bags into the box???

Ice.   t1602.gif

I had exactly the same last year, both box and bags ripped open, and had to remove them to be able to move them. Would not like to think how many Kilo where Left n the back of the delivery van! 🚚

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, Wade said:

Which size bags were they?

The damage is more often done by the carrier as the charcoal bags are heavy and the outer boxes are usually quite thin card.

I ordered 3 x 10kg bags for no P&P.....the paper sacks are very thin,  maybe only 3 ply??? will take a look later. I'm not sure who put them in the cardboard box??? BBQ or DPD?? and it was open with no attempt or sign of tape.

Ice.

20 hours ago, Smokin Monkey said:

I had exactly the same last year, both box and bags ripped open, and had to remove them to be able to move them. Would not like to think how many Kilo where Left n the back of the delivery van! 🚚

My thoughts also Steve.....and for the same to happen to your order,  makes me think that the sacks are not qualified for the job??

Ice.

2 hours ago, Icefever said:

My thoughts also Steve.....and for the same to happen to your order,  makes me think that the sacks are not qualified for the job??.

Bearing in mind that they have already been shipped from Australia (where they are produced) to the UK. I think the problem is more with the packaging of the companies selling them this end than the quality of the bags themselves. As we consumers are demanding free shipping more and more I guess they try to keep their end user shipping costs to a minimum.

On 2/24/2019 at 3:39 AM, Icefever said:

Just an update,  service from BBQ world was next day del like they say,  DPD had the job and turned up at 1300,  he dropped the box just inside the garage and went on his way.

I will email BBQ world, later on, I'm interested in their response. 

Ice.   t1602.gif

It’s funny that my bag split too 

i don’t think they are upto scratch strength wise 

• Like 1