I Want To Get A Chubby

sotv

I have been looking at the Backwoods Smoker Chubby 3400 on youtube, and would like to get one. But struggling to find a UK source. The American BBQ Company have stocked it in the past, but don't anymore. Does anyone know of anywhere else that sells this particular model in the UK? Importing from the USA is an option, but takes it out of my price range once shipping and VAT are added unfortunately

Mid 50's, & Diabetic Tablets, be happy with either. But I definitely want the smoker 😀

I was very tempted with the Z-Grills ZPG - 7002B from seller market onbuy . . But can't get the seller to answer my query if it is a delivered price or still subject to import duties. Also although never seen a pellet smoker working or tasted food from one. I keep reading they don't impart much in the way of a smokey flavour to the finished meat and the pellets can be a lot more expensive compared to charcoal. 

Which  swayed me to the Chubby 3400 smoker, but very difficult to source in the UK and I wanted something different to the bullet smoker I am used to.. I was struggling for space on my proq frontier the weekend I had  2 dutch ovens and 6 racks of ribs and ended up doing one of the dutch ovens in the indoor cooker.,. So could do with a second smoker or end up adding another stacker to my proq, but I am not sure how efficient heatwise the proq would be with 3  stackers to it?

9 minutes ago, Diggerg said:

How about the ProQ cabinet smokers?

Bit out of my price range unfortunately, the chubby was £750 when they used to sell it, from what I can see. The cheapest proq cabinet seems to be well into 4 figures

Edited by sotv

Self build is a no go for me and my DIY skills. I have none and genuinely hopeless at it. I know my limits😀

Had a couple of answers back American BBQ are saying that they hope to have more Chubby's back in stock this year, but don't know when. So may give it a couple months and see what happens.

• 1 year later...
On 2/20/2019 at 9:36 AM, sotv said:

I have been looking at the Backwoods Smoker Chubby 3400 on youtube, and would like to get one. But struggling to find a UK source. The American BBQ Company have stocked it in the past, but don't anymore. Does anyone know of anywhere else that sells this particular model in the UK? Importing from the USA is an option, but takes it out of my price range once shipping and VAT are added unfortunately

Are you still looking for a Chubby?  I may have one for sale, only used twice, so ‘almost new’ condition.