Vortex Greek Chicken Drumsticks

Justin

I have just put drumsticks in marinade. 7 drum sticks.  I put little cuts in drumsticks to let marinade penetrate further.

Greek Marinade.

125 ml from

6 tablespoons olive oil or rapeseed oil.

3 tablespoons red wine vinegar

1/2 teaspoon very finely chopped garlic

1/2 teaspoon sea salt

1/2 teaspoon dried oregano

1/4 teaspoon crushed red chilli flakes

I used lemon and thyme infused cold pressed rapeseed oil and back crushed chillis 

Now in fridge to marinade for about 7 or 8 hours. I reckon will take and hour to cook.

20190127_085716.thumb.jpg.8f9599ee79089872c00795eaa6d944bc.jpg

• Like 2

Greek they are not. I used a little bit of cherrywood which has a light cherry tang. Juicy at 81 degrees. Should be 74 but it's ok. Drumsticks are forgiving and I like to make sure they are cooked right through thoroughly. Took 45 mins

20190127_180905.thumb.jpg.d29c70f8ebfe18e479496d821db3b964.jpg20190127_180845.thumb.jpg.f97b0a533a8d82df90a38058cad5eb8d.jpg20190127_181158.thumb.jpg.c79b854b90c382b8721da4c2501e2e9f.jpg

• Like 2

I like to save a bob wherever I can, but isn't there something about avoiding getting Teflon coated products too hot due to toxic fumes ? Might be worth burning and wire brushing the cake tin before it's introduced to food ? I've been looking for a suitable stainless bowl to attack with my angle grinder, I keep checking out all the local charity shops. I've been wanting to do some Chinese style wings with plum sauce in a vortex stylee.

I bought the real thing years ago, it is still strong and unblemished as ever, the conical pyramid shape can be inverted to sear  etc etc, loads of options form the shape of it.  I appreciate the freebie mode but they are not as versatile.  The narrow end top sends the heat up to the lid and back down  so in effect it is bit like a fan oven in that it works from convection

• Like 1

Note also the weight of the real thing made form sheet steel it is thicker the most of the freebies.  All the freebies I have seen I do not think will last  a long time with the high heats it creates.

Pro Q do a version as well 25 quid

• 2 weeks later...