February Monthly Challenge

It's funny with all this bird flu that some chickens just end up spatchcocking themselves and such convenient timing for you just as you fired up the BBQ and a gust of wind carried some seasoning. 😂 I'll need to use that one on the Mrs.

Looks great though, What temp did you run?

Edited by hoogl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/19/2023 at 5:18 PM, Smokin Monkey said:

Cooked on the new Ninja Woodfire Grill.

The chicken looks great. nice colour to it. 

How are you finding the Woodfire? Could you use it indoors as long as you don't load with pellets/use woodfire mode? 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, hoogl said:

They look great, it's a shame that I don't have one of the wok covers. Have you tried using Thigh for this? I think the higher fat lends itself for this type of cook. 

I was thinking about using thighs but only had breasts. I will try thigh next time👍, better shape for the buns aswell😁

• Like 2

On 2/22/2023 at 9:35 PM, AdamG said:

I was thinking about using thighs but only had breasts. I will try thigh next time👍, better shape for the buns aswell😁

Well I do like a nicely shaped thigh, though they do say breast is best. 😇Either way your burger looked great.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Smokin Monkey said:

Yes you can, it’s a straight forward “Air Fryer” until you push the Woodsmoke Technology Button.

Ah that's great, I thought it was, but hasn't really seen anyone mention it add they had been more focused on the fantastic woodsmoke addition. Might be worth pointing out in your great video series 😉 keep them coming, I've enjoyed watching them.

• Like 1

Jealous of you guys; so much has been getting in the way here. Managed to take a day off to put a brew of beer on but otherwise next to nothing on woodsmoke front. Have managed to put the tailgate for spring up at least. Must be the time now to get back to the tailgates we used to have before 

• Like 2

Chicken tikka skewers, pilau rice and onion bhajis.

Made the marinade up as I went along. The missus provided the recipes for the rice and bhajis. 

The light was not my friend but a great cook. Really pleased with how everything came out.

Easy pilau rice recipe | BBC Good Food

Easy Onion Bhajis Recipe | olivemagazine

Chicken marinade - I just eyeballed the quantities so add as much or as little as you like :)

Half a tub of 0% fat natural yogurt

Juice of one lemon

Ground Cumin

Ground Corinader

Paprika

Chilli powder

Garlic paste

Ginger paste

Salt 

PXL_20230225_170646304.jpg

PXL_20230225_174801300.jpg

PXL_20230225_183505000.jpg