Pot bellies first run

Icefever

Rosie had the pot belly stove out for its first run yesterday,  she cooked up a mega old-time stew, compleat with dumplings.  Started off with beef and onions, then in went all root veg, gravy, and half a bottle of my Nuckie brown.....☹️  followed later with butter beans, kidney beans and tins of toms.  She then started to taste so in went a spoon of Marmite, salt & pepper and other bits that I'm not to know about.

It was a great day, the sun shone, we hit 15c, slight breeze so nothing to worry about.  The stew turned out brilliant and went down a treat with a glass of beer.  :thumb1:  

Ice

20180929_104707.jpg

20180929_104713.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Smokin Monkey said:

Hope you managed the temperature control to get that nice slow cook.

Yes not to bad....had to throw in a few more bricks halfway through to bring the heat up a smidgen, but we're chuffed with it. Just remembered I did take a photo at the finish..

Ice.

20180929_160356.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2018 at 5:50 AM, Icefever said:

Rosie had the pot belly stove out for its first run yesterday,  she cooked up a mega old-time stew, compleat with dumplings.  Started off with beef and onions, then in went all root veg, gravy, and half a bottle of my Nuckie brown.....☹️  followed later with butter beans, kidney beans and tins of toms.  She then started to taste so in went a spoon of Marmite, salt & pepper and other bits that I'm not to know about.

It was a great day, the sun shone, we hit 15c, slight breeze so nothing to worry about.  The stew turned out brilliant and went down a treat with a glass of beer.  :thumb1:  

Ice

20180929_104707.jpg

20180929_104713.jpg

Rosie needs a seat!

• Haha 1