Anglia tailgate

Justin

All. We are trying to boost group activity by arranging regular tailgate type events. These can be campsite based or whatever really.  What do you think. If there is enough interest I will organise something for an inaugral and we can see where to go from there in the future.

• Like 1

looking at Willomere and the Dell Caravan site. Waiting to speak with the right person at each, thinking 1st 2nd week May sometime

Will advise.

Hopefully one if these site will attract some of the southeast peeps too

Edited by Justin

I am going to scope out a  Dell Caravan and Camp Site in Bury St Edmund (nice and convenient for the Cambridge members. I will report back. Good transport links for the remainder. they are interested in hosting our Anglia and South East Smokefest May 19.

• Like 1

Dale was ok. Good facilities but cheap and  not just in price. For instance some permsnent construction types camping there. Most caravans and campercans. No pods but inn close by. Road can be noisy too so am discounting this one. We will want something a bit posher I think

Edited by Justin
  • Like 1

There is Millrace Garden centre which is very Bbq and smoker oriented. They have a good selection of fuel and equipment. They do loads of events and are always interested in raising their profile. They  might be interested in hosting the meet . Based in aldham near marks tey station and chapell Colchester  

Edited by Raptor72

I went saw Dale in Bury St Edmunds. Not good enough

I am contacting Wilowmere.  Feel free to nominate another,. I figure central enough to get cambridge and the south east/north london. Easy to get to.  Pods is a bonus.  We need a central area to pitch gazebo s for prep are, bbqs and cold area ideally.,

Edited by Justin
  • Like 1

WillowMere has a central bit 

the camping area is basically a horseshoe camping on outer bits and also the central bit . Toilets and facilities are excellent. It’s like our safe starter campsite 

but there is no onsite shop and need to drive to get to shops . But it is pleasant 

Edited by Raptor72