Bacon slicer.

Icefever

We did @Wade's tip about popping the bacon in the freezer for  30 mins,  then tried,  nay managed in the end to get 4 rashers.  We've looked at a load of slicers but can't make up our minds, so if anyone out there has any suggestions please let us know.  From what we've seen of the machines I think we need to look at around the £100 region??  give or take £20.  These home editions one look flimsy??

Ice.

I was looking at this one last year, and has come down in price. I don't own it but have owned several of their products (Vacuum Sealer and Yoghurt maker). Always well made and do the job for me at entry level prices, rather than the more expensive catering type equipment. But seeing as they aren't used that often, makes sense for me to buy these than the more expensive items as a hobbyist.

Works Out at €44.95 delivered Luvele UK company (EU URL) Was closer to the £70 mark last year. 

Maybe some Youtube videoes worth looking at for meat slicers in general, if you want to look at other makes besides as this one as well

Edited by sotv

I have a 20 year old slicer, I was looking to replace with the Luvele last year. But haven't made any bacon since March/April so as I said for my needs and frequency of use an entry level one would suit me fine. Now I know it has dropped below £40, can see it definitely be on my xmas list this year.?

I am very caggy handed and my knife cutting skills aren't the best or safest. People tend to take knives off me when the see me cutting or peeling things like potatoes. i.e. I hold the knife away from me an would peel a potatoes towards my stomach and the pointed end of the knife towards me when I slice. Seems natural to me, but very peculiar to onlookers evidently.

Edited by sotv

• 3 weeks later...

We did buy a slicer the other week, but we went for a small semi-commercial one, the reason for this was our meat grinder.  We've had the grinder for around 4 years now, it's not been used that much but when we use it,  it does seem to struggle with the job.  The grinder is one of the small types that you see all over the web in the £45/£60 price range,  I don't think it's man enough for the job TBH.

When we looked at slicers we decided to go for the middle price bracket that should then last us for however long we need one.

Ice.

• Like 1