Experts ????

Icefever

Why o why do we have these "Experts"  telling us how to do this or that???  This morning I looked on Youtube for any info on this Jumbuck spit I'm going to collect today.  The first couple of videos were really helpful,  the guys give the spit the thumbs-up. 

Then I noticed a video about controlling the heat while bbq'ing,  I need to work on this part,  I'm getting better (slowly ? )   so I started watching this vid.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Elt4d3cH8Y

When I watched the lady pour mega hot coals all over the fire grill , then put the cooking grill in place,  I thought where is your hot end??.  Even I've learned in my short time that you need a hot end,  and a cooler end.   Then I read the comments to find folks making the same points about heat zones, but also putting food on to early......"Experts don't you just love them"   ?

Ice.

• Like 1

Brillant Steve thanks.... that does like like a mod for me.....I must admit when I see no grill for the coals I did think this is a repeat of the Brinkman were there's no way for air to get under the fire.   I have a couple of old grills left over from old bbq's,  will have to get my thinking head on.  

Ice.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Smokin Monkey said:

Watched the video. Fair enough she was only cooking Chicken Drumsticks, so no need for low and slow. 

Yes, it was not low-and-slow but even on their courses they teach you to use a graduated heat when grilling. This video just seems to go against what they were teaching then.