Hello from Lancashire

Adman

Hi, I'm Adman currently living in Skelmersdale, Lancashire.

I got here by following posts in an unrelated forum, but posts about bbq and smoking, which I have an interest in.

I have a modified Brinkmann Gourmet which I have been learning for the past 2 years with the help of Google, and mainly US sites. It's really good to find this site based in the UK.

My other hobbies include home brewing and related activities, I like having really good food and drink that I have made myself.

Having seen Woodsmoke 18 posts (looked like a great weekend, even with the rain!) I have penciled in the dates for next year, it will nicely compliment the homebrew festival weekend that I attend each year.

I guess that's it from me for now, time to start reading and getting up to speed.

Adman

• Like 1

Hi & welcome Adman.....only joined about 4/5 weeks myself.....we went to the Woodsmoke 18 brilliant time,  great folks to be with and I learned a lot. 

I followed the same way happened on this site from a USA one,  good to have one of our own (UK).   I do the odd brew and wine so who knows what we'll get up to at Woodsmoke 19.  :thumb1:

We have the Gourmet also,  bought back in 2016.... like a lot of guys I've had to do a few mods, .......

Edited by Icefever

I don't think you'll regret the decision about coming over.....we'll be in Faro airport at 0800 on that Friday,  we hit Bristol at about noon.  Drive to Warwick pickup our bits for the weekend and drive to Holmfirth, hopefully,  get there by 1800.

If you're not into camping, there's s pub about 4 miles away,  we were staying there but we've managed to get a pod on site.

Edited by Icefever
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Adman said:

Hi, I'm Adman currently living in Skelmersdale, Lancashire.

I got here by following posts in an unrelated forum, but posts about bbq and smoking, which I have an interest in.

I have a modified Brinkmann Gourmet which I have been learning for the past 2 years with the help of Google, and mainly US sites. It's really good to find this site based in the UK.

My other hobbies include home brewing and related activities, I like having really good food and drink that I have made myself.

Having seen Woodsmoke 18 posts (looked like a great weekend, even with the rain!) I have penciled in the dates for next year, it will nicely compliment the homebrew festival weekend that I attend each year.

I guess that's it from me for now, time to start reading and getting up to speed.

Adman

Hi Adman, so good to have you on this happy and wonderful forum, I hope to meet you at the next get together as we are big food lovers also.xx

Hi Adman and welcome to the forum. It is great that you are interested in Smoking and BBQ and you have come to the right place. You will find all levels of skills on here and we are all here to both help and to learn. Don't be afraid to ask questions and also to respond to others where you can. The only stupid question is the one that remains unasked. If you want to know then it is almost certain that others out there want to know too :thumb1:

What have you been smoking so far? 

I too like brewing and so it will be good to see how others do it too.

Thanks for the welcoming messages, you certainly are friendly on here.

So far I have been smoking ribs, pulled pork and various forms of chicken. Smoked chicken breast and ribs have been the most popular at home so far.

I find that "minding" the smoker whilst staying hydrated with a couple of pints of home brewed ipa on a sunny afternoon is a wise way to spend my time.

• Like 2