Justin

Recipe for simple Chocolate Ice cream

4 large egg yolks

100g caster sugar

2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder

425ml gold top milk

300ml single cream

Whisk the egg yolks and sugar together until thick and pale

Mix the cocoa powder to a smooth paste with a little of the milk. heat the remaining milk until almost boiling and pour over the paste stirring thoroughly until combined then return to the pan and heat again until almost boiling.

Pour the cocoa from the pan in to the eggs and sugar  mixture, stirring continuously (i use  electric whisk  to do this) and return to the pan to thicken up slightly until  it coats the back of a spoon, remove form heat and pour back into cleaned bowl to cool, leave in fridge overnight to cool fully. This is your custard mixture.

Next day stir in cream fully to you cooled custard mixture and put into ice cream machine or method of choice to churn . (I use the Gaggia Geletaria). I then put the ice cream in a bit of tupperware than i have cooled fully in the freezer and then return then to freezer.  To serve leave out for 15 to 30 mins before serving depending on room temp.

15934652732995153184024580179377.thumb.jpg.9803beea527537b69a7516014faf2b0d.thumb.jpg.63fbb86430a76b9f00a29cab46b02803.jpg

Edited by Justin
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...