Kofte and wings....

Nofingerprints

We have been making a few different things recently (getting the youngest to try a few more things), and the older one lives wings so they are nearly always on the grill. 

Made a really tasty (Frank's based) buffalo sauce this time.

All demolished double quick by the family so that's a good barometer for success!!

IMG_20200607_144841.jpg

IMG_20200607_143206.jpg

• Like 2

>>>> All demolished double quick by the family

Job done right? Great stuff, the family will be asking for more. Looks good great stuff

Can I ask,

I have never got on well with wooden skewers, always burn or break when cooking, have soaked for days before now and I set them on fire (OK grill overly hot), thou my food great and cooked ok

5 hours ago, Nofingerprints said:

Looking to invest in some good, flat, metal ones.... So forum, any recommendations?

I got some from Manchester Vacs, out of stock at the moment on their own site and on ebay but looks like available on Amazon but at an inflated price, think I got mine for £18. Far and away the best skewers I own, stainless steel and really robust. Long too.

6 hours ago, Nofingerprints said:

The skewers were a bit duff to be honest, end up having to be super careful and using a small grill tray to turn them before they firm up, otherwise they just "pull through". 

Looking to invest in some good, flat, metal ones.... So forum, any recommendations?

Them Turkish skews I am told are good, the flat one so can turn - got brass ends on them, Greek are the same i think, correct if wrong 

On 6/8/2020 at 1:37 PM, Nofingerprints said:

The skewers were a bit duff to be honest, end up having to be super careful and using a small grill tray to turn them before they firm up, otherwise they just "pull through". 

i use the weber double prong ones, really good, stops the meat from turning but they are also great for molding meat around like kofte's.

i also use some big flat turkish type that i picked up from an asian supermarket in manchestor, they are brill for making big chicken doners and the likes.

Have a crafty look in the kebab shop see what hey are using, sure will be Turkish skews that are flat

Kofte use 1/2 in to 1 inch falt skew, all can be picked up at the Turkish warehouse. Careful thou the lid will not sit on the BBW wit the skews as are too long 

These stop the rotation as thare are flat