Meat instant thermometer

TeeBo

4 minutes ago, Icefever said:

Hi Teebo....out of the two I would go for the 2nd one (Inkbird)....I know the brand as I have a couple of their models....as always go for the model that fits your pocket...

Ice.

Do you know if there’s any forum discount? 

I got this one last week, they had a 10% discount code so came in at just over £22. I have a few Inkbird units and they work well. Tested this for speed and accuracy against my Thermapen 3 and compared very favourably, took readings faster if anything. Worth keeping an eye out as I have read on another BBQ forum that people got one of these discounted down to about £15.

IHT-1P

ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UT

I think it is they are both  the same chinese factory and then you stick a name on it.  but eitherway they are good go for it

I notice your link is rechargable.  I use battery but it is so lasts for ages I have replaced it once in 18 months

• 2 months later...
On 5/7/2020 at 9:21 AM, tedmus said:

I got this one last week, they had a 10% discount code so came in at just over £22. I have a few Inkbird units and they work well. Tested this for speed and accuracy against my Thermapen 3 and compared very favourably, took readings faster if anything. Worth keeping an eye out as I have read on another BBQ forum that people got one of these discounted down to about £15.

IHT-1P

ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UT

Had an issue with this, the plastic shroud which held the probe developed a crack which meant the probe came loose and rendered the thermometer unusable. I got in touch with Inkbird via their FB support page on Tuesday. Had a chat with Amy over Messenger and she sent me a new one out on Thursday which arrived today. Can't say fairer than that really, we'll see how the replacement does.

I had been very happy with it's performance and function but did feel the build quality was not as good as my Thermapen 3.

IMG_20200707_083621.jpg

Edited by tedmus