Dutch Oven Bread

Skagg2000

9 hours ago, Skagg2000 said:

it seems to have turned out rather well

Looks smegging good to me mate, 👍 well done...I would love to see a slice, that crust looks amazing, you'll find it won't last long once everyone starts eating it, you'll be making another one.😉

I'm making 3 a week at the moment has we give a lady about a 1/3 who loves it. To be honest I can't see us going back to shop bought bread, I've been making bread on & off for over 50 years....but only when I wanted to,  maybe weekends. I now have it down to a fine art, because I'm awake around 4 ish most mornings I start about 5.30am and it's all over by 8.15.

Once again well done and thanks for the mention. m0123.gif

Ice.

likewise, i've been making bread for years albeit regular farmhouse loaves in some vintage Hovis penny loaf tins I bought.I also restored a couple of 60's / 70's Kenwood chefs I bought as non runners from Gumtree & out them to good use with the dough hook!

Anyway, here is a sliced picture. I was please with the density, The last boule I made was a bit to dense which could have been a couple of things, the active yeast was getting past it's best & using your recipe I knocked the dough back once more than I normally would which i guess would help improve the structure.

IMG_20200501_111308.thumb.jpg.6e77b0e84b43ba9547606f1e40a9d2cc.jpg

I had a couple of slices as toast for breakfast this morning & it was great, although some might say i ruined a slice by topping it with Marmite peanut butter :)

Cheers n Gone Nick

Edited by Skagg2000
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Skagg2000 said:

I had a couple of slices as toast for breakfast this morning & it was great, although some might say i ruined a slice by topping it with Marmite peanut butter

Looks good from where I am dude...we have toast most morning with home made jam...

Peanut butter yes......Marmite?? noooooooooooooooo.🤣

Ice.

Edited by Icefever

• 3 months later...

Had another play with this excellent recipe today. Used Sussex six seed flour, added a generous spoonful of Marmite, some sun dried tomato & Grand Padano  cheese.

Smelt gorgeous whilst cooking, tasted sublime. even SWMBO tried it & said it was lovely (She's not a Marmite lover)

Probably didn't need the grated Padano on the top.

I encourage you to try it, just once!

Cheers n Gone Nick

IMG_20200816_140021.thumb.jpg.7eae56d2d602db32f1e07142d2684a79.jpg

IMG_20200712_201733.thumb.jpg.a44b7a109f3bf2094af3088394ef20d5.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...